Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty travel system

Options
  • 29-01-2010 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Hi

I purchased a Graco Mosaic travel system last January
    I only started to use it since June when my daughter was born.I have used the buggy a max of 5 times.

The car seat is fine but the buggy has several things wrong with it.
    1. The seat rips everytime its folded because of a bar poking through the back 2. The front wheels have a mind of their own , They drag or swivel when walking in a straight line so you bang into everything , walls cars etc. 3. The back wheel squeak 4. If you have the buggy in an upright position my daughter slants in an uncomfortable position no matter what I do .

I brought it back to the shop , The assistant was very unhelpful blaming me for the tears in the fabric even though its very clear that the bar is sticking out, She wants to send it back to the manufacturer (GRACO) for an assessment and says I am liable for any costs involved , She has acknowleged that the wheels are faulty but says the shop is not liable due to Graco only issuing a 6m gurantee. The travel system is designed to last from 0-3years .

Can you please tell me what my rights are and how I should go about rectifying this problem . Im not very happy about getting a repair as Im sure the frame will have to be replaced and Im worried about the safety issues bacause of this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Ha what a load of crap.

Two weeks ago, I did the same as you. I bought a Graco Quattro Tour TS buggy thing in Smyths toys in Tallaght.

The girl said it only had a six month warranty and gave us a card saying this accordingly. I told my wife to pay no attention to it as it didnt affect our statutory rights.

On the way home, Q102 had the weekly consumer show with Dermot Jewel - the consumer guy. I mentioned it to them and then emailed the card into them. Yes it says only 6 month warranty, but at the bottom it also says it doesnt affect your statutory rights. Dermot Jewel went through this on the radio last monday week and basically said its not relevant. Your statutory rights take priority.

Your contract is with the retailer not Graco, but you may be over a year now as you say you bought it last january. Did you report it to the shop within the 12 months? This means you may end up having to claim through the small claim court for this as its unreasonable to expect it to pack up with so little use.

Go back to the shop and get the manager. Explain POLITELY the problem. If they dont want to help, ask them do they know about the sale of goods and services act. If they still dont want to know, politely mention the small claims court but you may end up going after Graco.

Let us know how you get on.

Advertisement