Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got this reply to my online ad selling a TV....

Options
  • 29-01-2010 9:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

This is the reply I got to an ad I placed to sell a TV looks like a scam to me...?
    How can the sender make anything from me resonding to them...?

Hello,
    i am willing to pay your asking price and i will also handle the shipping of good my self so i will be sending you a Cheque Or Bank Draft via postal service and when you get it and it clears into your account ,my shipper will come pick up the goods .am so sorry i cant come look at it cause am a very busy man and my location is bit far but am sure its in good condition as you have claimed,send me your details for the cheque such as .

Name:
    Address:
    City:
    Zip-Code:
    Phone number's such as Mobile: home number and office number:
    Last Offer:

i will be waiting for your quick response
    Thanks...Here is my number +447024038904 call me if you want to ask any question

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I can say with 100% certainty, this is a scam. You will receive a cheque/draft, but it'll bounce when the bank realise it's a fake, and you'll be out of pocket, with no TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 rafano5

eth0_ wrote: »
    I can say with 100% certainty, this is a scam. You will receive a cheque/draft, but it'll bounce when the bank realise it's a fake, and you'll be out of pocket, with no TV.
    Thanks a million Etho for your help. I thought so much. Should I reply to the email or simply ignore it?

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭jimoc

rafano5 wrote: »
    This is the reply I got to an ad I placed to sell a TV looks like a scam to me...?
    How can the sender make anything from me resonding to them...?

Hello,
    i am willing to pay your asking price and i will also handle the shipping of good my self so i will be sending you a Cheque Or Bank Draft via postal service and when you get it and it clears into your account ,my shipper will come pick up the goods .am so sorry i cant come look at it cause am a very busy man and my location is bit far but am sure its in good condition as you have claimed,send me your details for the cheque such as .

Name:
    Address:
    City:
    Zip-Code:
    Phone number's such as Mobile: home number and office number:
    Last Offer:

i will be waiting for your quick response
    Thanks...Here is my number +447024038904 call me if you want to ask any question

Its definitely a scam,

0702 numbers are personal redirectable numbers which can cost a small fortune to call.
    Have a read of http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_city_in_England_is_0702_area_code

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Lynfo

I got an almost identical mail when I was trying to sell my car. Definitely a scam.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭freelancerTax

accept his offer - give him a really far away address to pick up the package (a real address but not your own, maybe something ridiculous like a fish farm)

tell him the cheque cleared, let him spend time and money on fedex to pick up nothing

this is 100% a scam

• Advertisement
Advertisement