Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lookin for a song I heard 5 years ago (maybe Frank Black)

Options
  • 29-01-2010 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭

About '04 or '05 I was working a few evenings a week driving to Kilkenny and back. It meant I listened to Tom Dunnes Pet Sounds a lot and my wandering brain just threw a memory at me there - brain fart to some people. Tom was playing a song from <I think> Frank Black or the Pixies almost every night and it won his song of the week one Thursday night. I havent a clue what its called, or how it went, maybe it was fairly long as tracks go and it was a song of two halves.....not sure.

Whatever it was, I want to hear it again now that I have youtube and broadband up and running.......any ideas????

(oh and if you're the fella who nearly broke my windscreen with a turnip one of those nights coming back from Kilkenny, someday.....)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Two tracks come to mind from that era.

The first is on his Frank Black Francis cd, and is called Planet Of Sound. It clocks in at just under 15 minutes, and would defo be a song of parts. It is a brilliant reworking of the much shorter Pixies tune.

The other track that came to mind was My Life In Storage, which is from Honeycomb. It is not very long, but at five minutes plus, it is longer than a lot of his stuff.

Advertisement