Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hairdresser in the city centre.

Options
  • 29-01-2010 9:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

Could anyone suggest a hairdresser they are happy with and would recommend for me?

I'm a female student, looking for a wash, cut and blow dry that's not too expensive.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Atlantic1

Try Elma Kerrigan on the corner of Douglas St. and Dunbar St. I know a few ladies who go to her and they find her great and reasonably priced. Tel:- 4323566.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Jeff Devine Hairdressing School on Academy Street. The students do a really good job and are supervised - the fact it's done by trainees means a huge cost cut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Ho chi feen

Dudess wrote: »
    Jeff Devine Hairdressing School on Academy Street. The students do a really good job and are supervised - the fact it's done by trainees means a huge cost cut.

Do not go to Jeff Devine's it's like a playschool for kids IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭i'm a smiler

IThanks fo letting me know that!
    Is there someone else you'd recommend instead ho chi feen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭rockchik

There is a new salon on Carrolls Quay, just near the enterance to the car park, well its there about a year now, Solo Hair Design! Dont know if they do student prices or not but after going to loads of salons in cork over the past few years and never being happy enough to want to go back again, the girls in Solo are brilliant and I wouldnt go anywhere else to get my hair done now! And they will give you a price over the phone, unlike some salons who fob you off! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

rockchik wrote: »
    There is a new salon on Carrolls Quay, just near the enterance to the car park, well its there about a year now, Solo Hair Design! Dont know if they do student prices or not but after going to loads of salons in cork over the past few years and never being happy enough to want to go back again, the girls in Solo are brilliant and I wouldnt go anywhere else to get my hair done now! And they will give you a price over the phone, unlike some salons who fob you off! :D

Have to agree, Solo is great and very reasonably priced, they do student discounts too but only on week days ( think thats standard everywhere now)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

+ 1 :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 desper8hsewife

u wan recommendation for city centre - i went to d'arcys once. twas pricey but i only went cos i got a voucher for mother's day last yr from my then 3 yr old (he may have had help i suspect!). anyway, i was v happy.

could given u recommendations for my normal salon out wilton direction too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭JaneHudson

Where's a good place for alternative / punk sort of colours? The DIY stargazer bottles are not great and I'd like it done properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Honestly, I went to the Jeff Devine hairdressing school a number of times and was always extremely happy with the results. The trainees are closely supervised and if there's stuff they're having difficulty with, one of the qualified staff may do it, at no extra cost.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Depuy lady

escape salon in imperial hotel

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Dudess wrote: »

I agree. I regularly go there and I'm always delighted with the results. And it's cheap as chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Hair Inc, the one on the corner of Paul street near the blue MacDonalds, is cheap enough and ran by lovely polish girls who pay alot of attention to you and what you are looking for. I usually get a wash, restyle and cut, and a blowdry which costs €32 and they're done in about an hour.

They do a student discount which I remember being impressed by at the time but can't remember now I'm afraid. However they have these prices displayed on their front window. I think you've to go between monday and thursday though for the discount. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Just a question about the Jeff Divine Training school, are they able to recommend a style or give you ideas? I want to go for a total revamp, but would like some guidence about the style.

Is Solo expensive? What would you be talking for cut, colour, blowdry?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

just wondering if jeff devine academy offer the 12 week blow dry at a better rate than 230 - 250 . anybody know if they re doing it ?

Advertisement