Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

price of a replacement car battery

• 29-01-2010 9:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

so the aa were out to my car there the other day, car wouldn't start, 2nd or 3rd time in as many weeks. they ran some tests and the battery is bust. sold me a new one and fitted it there and then for 90 euro.

is this an average enough price for battery + install? it's an 03 toyota yaris.

the convenience of the guy going through everything there and then and sorting everything out was worth the price alone i guess, but just wanted to get an idea in relation to pricing. i can't imagine they up the parts / labour that much?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Shane Slv

Last week i had to get a new battery. Cost me 75 from a local garage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

happy enough with the aa guy then. jump started the car, followed me home, tested the battery, replaced the battery, took the payment over the phone with the call centre, all done in about 30 mins inc the drive home.

as i say, price seemed worth it regardless given the efficiency of the whole thing but just wanted to get an idea of the general cost.

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Its not a bad price, considering he came to your door and fitted it... If you needed to get the car towed to a garage you would of been out €100 straight away.

You probably could of bought a battery for €50/€60 in a motor factors, then you would of had to have it fitted etc..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 487 ✭✭Shifty

Just recently replaced the battery in my car, cost €37.00 from local motor shop, called the AA and asked would they fit it (I am a member).

AA came out and fitted it for me, no charge!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

New battery cost me €50 last week, wasn't hard to install

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Sarn

€75 a few months ago. Easy to install, just had to read the car manual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Its not a bad price, considering he came to your door and fitted it... If you needed to get the car towed to a garage you would of been out €100 straight away.

Hold on a second. I presume he called the AA because he is a member. They would have made sure he got his car to his home or to a garage as part of the service. If the OP had a brand new battery at home, the AA would probably have fitted it free of charge as part of the service (for those who haven't done it - fitting a battery is a very easy 10 min DIY job)

A Yaris battery would cost €50-60 in a motors factors / retailer like Halfords. So the AA made a bit of money on the deal. I'd say in most peoples view the smoothness of the solution was well worth the €30-40 they paid extra for the battery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

thanks for all the feedback lads, appreciate it.

Advertisement