Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aran Islands

Options
  • 29-01-2010 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hi, myself and my girlfriend are going to Aran Islands in March and just wanted to know what the best way of getting to Inis Mór from Galway and any recommendations for B&B in Inis Mór. Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 dugganindeep

pauro 76 wrote: »
    Hi, myself and my girlfriend are going to Aran Islands in March and just wanted to know what the best way of getting to Inis Mór from Galway and any recommendations for B&B in Inis Mór. Cheers!
    A ferry from Rossaveal is the best option. Car park in Rossaveal or bus from Galway included in fare. Ferry offices are on Merchants road.
    Aran Islands Tourist Information.
    Accommodation on Aran Islands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Markie_c

Thinking of heading to Aran Islands for Paddy's day and another day or two afterwards.. Anyone know is there any sort of celebrations there, or does the whole place close down?

Also, weather-wise am I mad to go there in March ???

Any info greatly appreciated !! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,969 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Markie_c wrote: »
    Thinking of heading to Aran Islands for Paddy's day and another day or two afterwards.. Anyone know is there any sort of celebrations there, or does the whole place close down?

Me too, anyone got anything further for us on this, many thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Poster King

Typical March is not ideal for a trip to Aran. March is generally a windy month and still quite cold. You could get stranded on the islands if a storm hits while you are there.
    Best option is to wait and see and only go if the forecast is good.

Advertisement