Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homosexuality: What do you think?

Options
123457»

Comments

Boston wrote: »
    It isn't the expand your horizons forum either, where you can put forward an open ended premises and expect people to cut you some slack for thinking "outside the box" and not having a fully developed Idea. My comment was a warning to JD not to try arguing for fun on the LGB forum. Believe it or not I can be far more cutting then the previous replies imply.

I sly dig at a forum for a single past experience, very nice, Boston. I've also absolutely no interest in arguing in the LGB forum.
    I think you'll find my exacting application of logic resulted in the complete collapse of JD's arguement. However my inability to be objective resulted in my hypercritical stances of him as person of merit; I never claimed to be objective.

My argument didn't completely collapse, I just arrived at a conclusion whereby I'd have to reject other things in order to accept my argument, or reject my entire argument. That's not a collapse.
    If you look at JDs orginal post you'll see a number of thanks and several people saying "yea thats the way i feel". This, despite the massive flaws in his arguement. A vorbose rebuttal was needed.

Probably because they'd never seen an argument from such an angle before, and it got them thinking. I doubt many fully agreed with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Boston wrote: »
    If you look at JDs orginal post you'll see a number of thanks and several people saying "yea thats the way i feel". This, despite the massive flaws in his arguement. A vorbose rebuttal was needed.

I just want to point out one thing here. Thanking a post doesn't necessarily imply that one agrees with it, something I'm fairly sure I pointed out in an earlier post of mine. I didn't agree with his point of view, but I thanked the post as it does give a different way of looking at things and the argument was put forward quite well. That may or may not be the case for everyone else, but you can't just assume we agree.

Again, I fully intend to get back to some of the arguments posted in this thread, but I need to consider my words very carefully. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭IronGirl92

I'm not bothered whichever way people are :rolleyes:
    Though I never could quite understand the girls 'fake lesbian' thing?
    Nor do I understand why guys find this a turn on!? I mean, she obviously won't ever fancy you!??
    But that's all, it makes no difference to me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

IronGirl92 wrote: »
    Nor do I understand why guys find this a turn on!? I mean, she obviously won't ever fancy you!??

Well guy's fantasies usually don't consist of "I wonder what the most realistic outcome of this situation is"!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭IronGirl92

Pygmalion wrote: »
    Well guy's fantasies usually don't consist of "I wonder what the most realistic outcome of this situation is"!

True, I suppose I never took that outlook on it...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I had a gay experience for the first time on Wednesday night, when I was really drunk. This guy tried two or three times to get with me, but I just kept saying no. Then I told him I was straight and he tried again so I just walked away.

It's made me realise that I'm definitely neither gay nor bi. Like my friend said, if I was maybe that way inclined, it'd be most likely that I'd get with a guy when I was drunk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lou91

Erm, not sure thats what a gay experience is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Well I meant as close as will ever happen for me. I've never been faced with the opportunity of getting with another guy before.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

IronGirl92 wrote: »
    Nor do I understand why guys find this a turn on!?

A male friend once explained ut to me with 3 simple words:

"Double the ass!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

bythewoods wrote: »
    "Double the ass!"
    he's got a great way with words.

since when have guys had a reputation for logic when we're horny,honestly now.What are you expecting from us?

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

eVeNtInE wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Beat me to it. It's not magically okay that he was forcibly hitting on you, just because you both have penises.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Jay P wrote: »
    I had a gay experience for the first time on Wednesday night, when I was really drunk. This guy tried two or three times to get with me, but I just kept saying no. Then I told him I was straight and he tried again so I just walked away.

It's made me realise that I'm definitely neither gay nor bi. Like my friend said, if I was maybe that way inclined, it'd be most likely that I'd get with a guy when I was drunk.

My first gay experience was similar. Very... confident approach, from a friend in whom I had no interest. Not pleasant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Jay P wrote: »

Not really a definite answer to your sexuality that one. I've knocked back 99% of the guys who've hit on me. No interest like, and even less for pests.

Advertisement