Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stradivarius O'Donoghue is back!!!

Options
  • 29-01-2010 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭

The King of the fiddle is back - although you may not have heard?

No fanfare?

No press conference?

No gold-plated Limousines........ (Not yet anyway?)

- Its almost as if Fianna Fail aren't keen on advertising their encourgement of obscene opportunistic excess and the Greens are just they way they like it - bound, lubed and gagged.

Irish Times Article here.

Quick preview below:
    FORMER Ceann Comhairle John O'Donoghue has returned to active parliamentary politics after becoming a member of two Dail committees.

He is replacing his successor as Ceann Comhairle, Seamus Kirk, on the Oireachtas Committee on Economic Regulatory Affairs, which could be asked to take a role in the forthcoming banking inquiry.

Mr O'Donoghue is also replacing Green Party TD Ciaran Cuffe on the Oireachtas Environment Committee.

If I could pick the the Person least suited to taking part in our Governments Sham Banking Enquiry it would probably be a close call between an exhumed Al Capone and the Fresh Prince of Cahirciveen - Jonny "Bling Bling" O.D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,776 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

It's great to see him back, not :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

Raiser wrote: »
    Stradivarius O'Donoghue

The King of the fiddle is back

Fresh Prince of Cahirciveen - Jonny "Bling Bling" O.D.

I must say you have a wonderful turn of phrase :D

Managed to make me smile, despite the utterly depressing thought of J.O.D. possibly being involved in the banking inquiry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 jumpin_macflash

it think its gas that theres no member of the greens now on the environment committee. completely different party in and out of government it seems.

as for o' donoghue, it just further shows what we have for a government and it disgusts me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Red_Marauder

Can this really be happening?

Someone is putting him on a committee with the words "economic regulation" in the title?

Irish politics never ceases to amaze.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Someone is putting him on a committee with the words "economic regulation" in the title?

Oh it`s happening alright and in a very calculating manner too.

Essentially our Taoiseach,Mr Cowen is saying a loud FCUXK YOU !!! to the rest of the citizenry.

You (the people) are not going to tell ME how to run my country and if I wish to promote seedy types to positions of oversight then I shaggin well will !!!

With each passing day the "Last hours of the Ceaucaescu`s " Video becomes ever more relevant to the current scenario in Ireland. :mad:

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭funnyname

hey he's the least appropriate politician to have back but that's FF: their moto is look after their own!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

OK. It's now 100% official.

FF are doing everything in their power to piss us off as much as possible so that we'll revolt and kick them out and they won't have to clean up the mess that they've created.

After the above news, there is no other explanation.

And I presume that the opposition have absolutely no say in the matter ?

I am going to store every ounce of excrement that leaves my body from now until the election, and dump it over the head of anyone from FF who has the gall to trespass on my land.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

it think its gas that theres no member of the greens now on the environment committee. completely different party in and out of government it seems.
    The "green" used to refer to the environment. Now it refers to the colour of money!
    as for o' donoghue, it just further shows what we have for a government and it disgusts me.
    And it won't be their last disgusting act. This is FF and so is completely acceptable (given that we will not make them stop)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Ah come on FFS be fair, didn't he lose the Ceann Comhairle's job. Jayz, a fella has to make a crust somehow.
    Have ye forgotten how difficult, as Pee Flynn told us, it is to manage on the meagre pickings a TD receives.
    Personally, I think this is a master stroke by Cowen, set a thief to catch a thief.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

bmaxi wrote: »
    Personally, I think this is a master stroke by Cowen, set a thief to catch a thief.
    or maybe it was because there is honour amongst thieves! I don't believe that they want any thieves to be caught (how many have been caught so far?)

By appointing JOD into a post such as this is effectively giving the two fingers to the public and will reinforce the view held by many that the only ambition of current government policy is to protect FF friends and feck the public!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

kbannon wrote: »
    or maybe it was because there is honour amongst thieves! I don't believe that they want any thieves to be caught (how many have been caught so far?)

By appointing JOD into a post such as this is effectively giving the two fingers to the public and will reinforce the view held by many that the only ambition of current government policy is to protect FF friends and feck the public!

I'd hope he was being sarcastic :P

But your point still stands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Eutow

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    OK. It's now 100% official.

FF are doing everything in their power to piss us off as much as possible so that we'll revolt and kick them out and they won't have to clean up the mess that they've created.

After the above news, there is no other explanation.

And I presume that the opposition have absolutely no say in the matter ?

I am going to store every ounce of excrement that leaves my body from now until the election, and dump it over the head of anyone from FF who has the gall to trespass on my land.

I don't know if your are being sarcastic, but FF know how gullible, stupid, and forgetful, (or maybe just naive) a lot of the electorate are. They know they can get away with almost anything because there will still be at least 21 % voting for them no matter what they do. Just look at the Red C Poll today. Their support has gone up by 4%, despite the oh so many examples of incompetence, arrogance, lack of leadership, pass the buck mentality, bailing out banking criminals, and the f**k y** attitude to the citizens of this country etc. They could shoot dead 1,000 people tomorrow and there would still be people voting for them. Those supporters would say, "Ah sure the opposition would have killed 2,000 people". The utter stupidity of the Irish electorate pi$$es me off no end. Why do we bother with elections anymore and the associated expenses of running them? Because FF will always win.:mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Red_Marauder

kbannon wrote: »
    Bet this appointment doesn't cost the Government a single seat come next election though, not even John O'Donoghue's seat...

This says more about the Irish electorate than it does about FF imo

thebman wrote: »
    I'd hope he was being sarcastic :P

Just a little bit. :D
    JOD is a reformed character, sure we have it from his own mouth. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭poochiem

he has enough neck for two heads

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Raiser wrote: »
    - Its almost as if Fianna Fail aren't keen on advertising their encourgement of obscene opportunistic excess and the Greens are just they way they like it - bound, lubed and gagged.

If I could pick the the Person least suited to taking part in our Governments Sham Banking Enquiry it would probably be a close call between an exhumed Al Capone and the Fresh Prince of Cahirciveen - Jonny "Bling Bling" O.D.

Wonderful turn of phrase there :D

However, I will disagree that the greens are gagged.
    If anything they have become the noutpieces for the government.
    Any bad news over the last while and out trots gormless.

Irish politics never ceases to amaze.

It is not Irish politics it is ff and nothing they do now amazes me.

Only thing they would do that would now amaze me is if one of them resigned, you know without being dragged kicking and screaming from their office.
    AlekSmart wrote: »
    Oh it`s happening alright and in a very calculating manner too.

Essentially our Taoiseach,Mr Cowen is saying a loud FCUXK YOU !!! to the rest of the citizenry.

You (the people) are not going to tell ME how to run my country and if I wish to promote seedy types to positions of oversight then I shaggin well will !!!

With each passing day the "Last hours of the Ceaucaescu`s " Video becomes ever more relevant to the current scenario in Ireland. :mad:

At last someone thinking the same as me. ;)
    Of course I have to say it woudl be hard to shove all the fat ars*d ministers into armoured cars. :rolleyes:

BTW how much does committe membership bring with it?
    €20,000 or is that just for the chairman ?

I am not allowed discuss …

Why isn't this receiving more prominent coverage in the media ?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Why isn't this receiving more prominent coverage in the media ?

Because its Ireland and we are now so used to been screwed over and over that it no longer makes news :(

Its a bit like murders, they were 1 ever few months, now they are daily people become normalized by it.

Bit like AIB appointing a whole loads of new heads to oversee the departments of irrelevant tasks, I wonder are these all new departments???

Nothing has changed in this country and as said the donkey o'D's new jobs is 2 fingers from our "leader" . :rolleyes:

His constituents have said they will re-elect him no matter what so Cowen has no problem about where he appoints him, is it any wonder we have Kerryman jokes?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

This is either:

A) A huge two fingers to the public from Cowen and company which should be publicised much more

or

B) Recognition that this O'Donoghue guy knows where the bodies are buried in terms of corruption by present Fianna Fáil ministers.

The article doesn't say who appointed him. I think we should know.

• Advertisement

Dionysus wrote: »
    The article doesn't say who appointed him. I think we should know.

Absolutely we should know! I'm almost tempted to email FF and ask, only they'd probably put me on their deluded self-congratulatory SPAM list again.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Absolutely we should know! I'm almost tempted to email FF and ask, only they'd probably put me on their deluded self-congratulatory SPAM list again.

I dont think you will get an answer though!! fk disgrace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Shea O'Meara

Seems misappropriation of expense funds in the U.K., where even the accusation warrants a resignation, can also carry up to a seven year prison term....if only

http://news.eircom.net/breakingnews/17244380/?view=Standard

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭simonj

Look, until we have a change of system - get used to gombeen politics.

People who dont get elected - from all parties - e.g. Boyle, De Burca, Auntie Mary get appointed to the Senate by the likes of Bertie.

By ensuring parish pump party politics FF & FG - two cheeks of the one arse -we will continue to have people like Frank Fahy, JH Rae & Sons, O Donahue, stroke fahy and others of their ilk determining how the country is run.

We need a modified list system to get out of this 90 year perpetuation of a two party system, that means electoral reform, accountability and a party on the Island that will listen and be answerable outside election time.

q100000161740659_8484.jpg

amhrannua.com

Advertisement