Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom phonewatch and the Search for the fabled ISP

• 29-01-2010 10:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I currently have BT Broadband and let me tell you, IT IS SO BAD! At this point I think i would be better of getting clearwire again. I have spent most of the night hitting F5 again and again and again on the various sites for the other ISP's on the market with special emphasis on UPC 30MB Smart 24MB and Magnet 24MB.

Now by the time my crappy BT broadband managed to let me get into one of the sites there customer care was shut down.
    I'm living in a rented house and the landlord had problems with the previous tennents and is a bit hands on with the place so took the broadband bill into his own name.

I have asked him to cancel the contract with BT as they are not providing any form of service. there charging about 46euro inc line rental for 3MB BB. I would perfer to switch provider but the landlord insists that we make sure that the phone watch is able to connect to the phone line.

Does anyone have any recommendations or experience with this. Is there any ISP I should be looking at in order to keep Phonewatch operable and change over with the greatest of ease

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

You can get a GSM module for the phonewatch system that removes the need to have a phone line in the house.

http://www.phonewatch.ie/monitoring

AFAIK it costs around €150, but you'll make that back in 5-6 months of not paying line rental.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 vwcaddy

hi i install for phonewatch. you can get a splitter which doesnt allow the broadband through the alarm. they are 50e to buy and it also ensures that your alarm has a clean phone line going to it which is essential for the alarm to dial the monitoring numbers. broadband can effect it. i would advise that you get your splitter fitted, for both your broadband and alarm,

Advertisement