Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parasite Eve II

Options
  • 29-01-2010 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭

Did anyone else ever play this? I really enjoyed it, it came out in October 2000. The first one never came out here, did anyone play it? I'd love if it became available on PSN.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I was interested in this and was trying to order it off amazon recently but they would'nt ship to ireland,apparently the first game is meant to be better.But If I ever saw it in I'd buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Which one did you try to order from Amazon?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,435 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I heard the first one is way better than the second game. I played a bit of the second game but didn't think too much of it. Had to give it back to my friend but I was never compelled to beat it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mr. K wrote: »
    Which one did you try to order from Amazon?

The second one.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I heard the first one is way better than the second game. QUOTE]

Thats what I heard too.

Is it a survival horror game?like resident evil?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,435 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The first one is very much an RPG. Supposedly it's a cinematic RPG in that it only takes 10 hours to beat and focuses on story. The second game is more of a hybrid of survival horror and RPG and harder to define but what I found is that it doesn't work. Combat is clunky but there's no scares.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

Mr. K wrote: »
    Did anyone else ever play this? I really enjoyed it, it came out in October 2000. The first one never came out here, did anyone play it? I'd love if it became available on PSN.

I played the first one - it was epic. Would love to play it again. It'd make a great movie. It was one of those games that scared the life out of you when the music changed because you knew something bad was about to happen.

I remember the graphics being amazing at the time. There was one scene of a dog mutating at it was pretty cool (for the time).

It would make a great movie. The plot line was just as mad as Silent Hill. Took me ages to cop on what was going on - at one stage had to dig out a dictionary to understand what mitochondrial meant (I think that's the one).

Never played the second one but I heard it wasn't as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

The second one was a bit slow, but I enjoyed the RPG elements. The first looked way more spectacular, I remember being quite excited when I saw screenshots...then it never came out here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

i never played the first one so without that to compare i thought the second one was very good .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

wyrn wrote: »
    at one stage had to dig out a dictionary to understand what mitochondrial meant (I think that's the one).

*Runs off to do the same

Only played the first one on an emulator and didn't get into it, but I never do when I don't have the physical copy for some reason.

Advertisement