Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celeriac

Options
  • 30-01-2010 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭

I have never cooked celeriac before. I've searched and found some recipes but nothing convincing. Any ideas please :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Makes a great mash or soup

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Puree. Amazing taste.
    Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Mash or Puree is lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Or slaw. Makes a fantastic slaw (they serve it in the homeslaw in the good burger kitchen if you want to try before grating a root :D )

ObGoodEatsShow (sorry :D ):

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I generally prepare it either as Sparks says as a slaw I shred it and mix it 50/50 with shredded carrot and dress it with rapeseed oil and vinegar.
    Or boiled and pureed it goes very well with Venison.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Or any game, the peppery backtaste of the celeriac mash goes really well with the darker taste of game. And duck (pan-seared duck breast and celeriac mash is fantastic).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

So many responses, so many choices.......mmmmm
    Thank you all, I am going to work my way through all your suggestions !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Can one buy celeriac in dunnes? I've never seen it ( prob cos I wasn't looking!) and I want to try it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

It is one of those things that they have one day and don't the next to be honest.

I buy it when I see it but never plan a meal around it.

The Organic shop in the English Market normally have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Damn and I was in the English Market an all today! Thanks though:)!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Advertisement