Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London

Options
  • 30-01-2010 12:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭

I love my life in London. Yes, it can be expensive, but the things you get to do and the sights you see more than make up for that. I spend my spare time exploring Camden Market, the Grand Union Canal, the British Museum, Hyde Park, Covent Garden, Selfridges, the Royal Festival Hall, the River Thames... So much to do and see!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

I've been to southeast Asia for 3 months, bought a campervan and drove around oz for 6 months, have been snowboarding in Europe 9 times, been to newyork,Florida,lived in Holland for 6 months ......and I'm embarrassed to say I've never been outside the airport in London...if people ask i tell i have....

I really need to go to London soon......:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Love going to London. It's usually now mostly to see my beloved Blues playing (if they're playing at home). But I love London, I really do; so much to do there, so easy to get around etc.

All good!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭pearliefan

I have to say it's a bit of a love/hate thing I have going with London.... I think it's partly because I've never tried to embrace it anytime I'm there.

However, I do have some lovely memories of times I've been there.. I LOVE the market on portobello road. Spent a day there last Summer and it was amazing!! Also down in the soho part... I'm not sure what it's called..but either way it has a lot of cobbelstone paths..only there once for an hour but it was so cool!! hmm I would like to go back again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

Portobello Road market really is great. Like Camden Town. You can get all sorts of weird and wonderful stuff there. I used to collect 78rpm records and I found many of them there. Old enamel signs and clothes going back more than 50 years.

Advertisement