Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pokémerchandise

• 30-01-2010 12:47am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭

We've spoken about the cards and stickers, and even the plush toys (thanks to the crazy woman in another thread).

But what other merchandise did you all obsess about? I for one spent loads on these pokéballs that had sweets and miniature pokémon inside them. I think they were £2.50, which was a lot of money when I was 8/9. But boy were they worth it. I think this is a pic of them:
    resize?sq=80&uid=1127985433.

I also remember having a *real* pokédex, which I still have, and which still works. It made a funny beeping sound when you turned it on, and it even had a calculator. This is it:

kifmToysAllTiger_Electronics_Pokemon_Pokedex1-resized200.jpg

What about all the rest of you?! g-rom6-pokeball-126931-1.png:D

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

i seen the new pokedex in toyko.... by gawd its awesome. has an automated voice for every pokemon too. pity it was in japanese :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I have a Pokémon poster, various pokémon figures/teddies and I had a giant pikachu which was about half the size of me at one stage :P I also have pokémon monopoly too :D And probably some more things which I can't remember.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

I also remember short books like this one:
    n194299.jpg
    They were a bit pointless really- they were basically a book form of some of the episodes. I still bought a lot of them though, and still have some of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

I like those cheap figures you can get in Pokéballs in shops. They cost about €2. I also like "Gashpon" figures, these come from little machines you put your coin in, turn the knob and a ball comes out with a figure. Here's a little pic of some of my figures (not all are Pokémens). I have "some" plushes too, but I'll not annoy folks too much now...

Figures.jpg?action=view&current=Figures.jpg?action=view&current=Figures.jpg

Nice display!

I bought a Pacihrisu keyring today :D

90085708-149x149-0-0_Pokemon+Pokemon+Keychain+Pachirisu+Diamond+Pearl+P.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

The furthest my "memorabilia" went was just the games really :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

This was my Bible for many years:

71CA0VYZX6L._SL500_AA240_.gif

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I like those cheap figures you can get in Pokéballs in shops. They cost about €2. I also like "Gashpon" figures, these come from little machines you put your coin in, turn the knob and a ball comes out with a figure. Here's a little pic of some of my figures (not all are Pokémens). I have "some" plushes too, but I'll not annoy folks too much now...

Figures.jpg?action=view&current=Figures.jpg?action=view&current=Figures.jpg

nyaaww look at the cute Pikmin xD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I have a pikachu (like a big fluffy pikachu) in the form of a schoolbag. Got it for my 7th birthday. My friends were so jealous :D

I also loved the pokedex and that lifesize pokeball that opened and you could play electronic games with it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Never owned any of these but look at the crazy **** you could buy!

Pokemon seaweed:
    pokemon_seaweed.jpg

Pokemon Jet (eh, you can buy a seat on it I guess):
    pokemon_plane_819x590.jpg

And the best one of all - Pokemon re-usable menstrual pad:
    wtfwowpokemonisbleeding_thumb.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

One of the first toys released here were these little plastic inch-high figures sold in packs of two or three, with transparent purple Master Balls, anybody remember those? I went nuts for them. They vanished after the fad ended, but I still remember seeing some Ruby-Sapphire ones on sale a few years ago and getting a couple. Then those pods they sell in places like HMV and GAME appeared, and they were almost the same thing, so I keep them all in the one box.

About two years ago I decided I had to call a stop to the madness, but my brother still gets them.

I have to say, I was very focussed with my collections, I spent a fortune on these and the cards and games, but very little on any other merchandise. I have the first three movies on video, plus the Mewtwo sequel, but that's really it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I'm just after finding a hard plastic figure of jessie from team rocket under my bed :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

I was missing Jessie. I had Ash, Misty, Brock and James.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Hotaru wrote: »
    This was my Bible for many years:

71CA0VYZX6L._SL500_AA240_.gif

Aw, my God! Me too! I had to buy like 3/4 of them, cos they kept falling apart from me readin them so much!!!

I still have the tins from Pokémon Lollipops. They were gorgeous! Half red-half 'clear like the Poké Ball things. Strawberry flavoured. Gorg..... They came in these super handy tins that I still use to keep loose change in!

Also had a plush Pikachu, dolls, figures, caps, t-shirts... I was a Pokémaniac for way too many years!!! Kinda miss it now, cos as stupid as it may seem now, it was brilliant when you were 8 or 9!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Pokémon was really cool when I was 14 - 17. I love Pikachu! :D Don't think I had any official merchandise but...

I had the kitsch fashion accesories: necklaces, rings, hair slides...

Pikachu money box, so so cute (still have it)

Pikachu Etch a Sketch (which is in my Junor Infants classroom now)

3D Pikachu CD flip case

HUGE poster with all the characters on it, all multicoloured. had it on my wall til I was 21!

Plush toys and key rings and stuff

My favourite was a Pikachu pen from a knick knack shop. It had bubble mix in it and you unscrewed the back off and could blow bubbles. When you pressed the nib it lit up AND also, the back was a Pikachu stamper!!

I looked so cool writing my Leaving Cert with that pen :D

Haha, I would've put Pikachu stamps at the end of everything I wrote

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

I'm not sure I really bought much Pokémerch during my life.

Well, with the exception of a Pikachu and an Arceus plushie I picked up at Eirtakon last year.

Oh, and my entire collection of Pokémon Adventures books!
    I bought a Pacihrisu keyring today :D

90085708-149x149-0-0_Pokemon+Pokemon+Keychain+Pachirisu+Diamond+Pearl+P.jpg

I have a Piplup one myself :P

Advertisement