Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderator for .308

Options
  • 30-01-2010 12:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭

Recommendations & opinions please................................

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Ase Utra S7. Excellent moderator, seriously reduces recoil and noise without any adverse effect on point of impact. Slightly costly but worth it.

http://aseutra.fi/english/index.html
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

Reflex suppressors... very nice and some models extend back over the barrel to reduce overall length and help balance of rifle

http://www.reflexsuppressors.co.uk/

or ......

if you want IMO the best but pricey.....

http://www.brugger-thomet.ch/en/manufacturing/soundsuppressors/index.php?navanchor=2110035

Definate droolworthy product.... I have one and while is it expensive will last as long as the barrel of the gun its on .. can be taken apart for cleaning... and is light !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

ASE Northstar.30 cal, 5/8" UNF thread @€;290. Over barrel reflex type - 2" shorter than the T8 and a little lighter.
    Seen here on a Sako 75 varmint with flutted barrel. BunnyShooter you have seen this in action and will know the noise reduction from it.

I use this on my 223 but it was got for the 308.
    My son said it's not as quiet as his T8 using the 223 but then mine is a .30 size whereas his T8 is for a 223.

Didn't get to use it much on the 308 but when i did it makes it very quiet to use without hearing protection.

Sako753081.jpg

Sako75308ASENorthstarmod.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

The ase ultra jet z series...this is the one ya want mate..
    I had one for my cz 550 (6.5x55) and have one for my new 300 winnie..
    There lighter than a t8 and once threaded to your rifle they only add about 5 inches.....
    There not cheap but what is when you want a quality product..;)
    COMPACT_T3_HUNTER.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

Recommendations & opinions please................................

i put a felflex t8 on my tika tactical .223 20" which was deafening before i put it on but now you only hear the sonic crack and the impact as it nails yet another fox,

my 6.5x55 came with a ASE on it and its good as well but i think the t8 is better

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Clive it was effective alright ;)

Thanks lads a friend of mine is getting a custom built 308 and needs help on picking a moddy for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭ejg

I think the most advanced is the A-tec CMM (modular). Just weigh other mods and compare. Weight is a major issue. The older Steel version for a 308 weighs 470g and can be used with less segments as a lighter but slightly less effective mod.
    Recent tests at a german University have shown the A-tec is the one to beat.
    edi

ps
    Size difference, silver one is from NZ, middle one is the A-tec over barrel mod in Aluminium a bit over 500 grams.
    The smaller is the A-tec modular 470 grams and is at least as effective as the bigger one.

DSCN2322.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

have to say, I don't have much experience with moderators, but my T8 is making the .25-06 - which is a very loud round unmoderated - very easy to shoot. Recoil reduction must be about 50% and noise reduction is extremely substantial, down into the territory of a round like the .17HMR.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭.243

stainless steel pes moderator,over barrel and strippable to clean,
    i got the up to 30cal version for my .243 and got a stainless steel blank tig welded on the muzzle end,it was then clocked in the lathe and a 7mm hole drilled,extra quiet and looks good too

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭dos29

Putting one on my 308 myself. For me, the ASE Utra's look like the business. As already suggested, the S7 seems to be there top of the range, but I'm stuck between that and the Jet-Z Compact, leaning towards the Compact. Price, size and little significant difference in reduction of noise being the deciders.

• Advertisement
Advertisement