Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leicester V Newcastle

• 30-01-2010 1:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭

Well lads, I'm off to the Leicester V Newcastle game tomorrow. Do you think I should wear my Newcastle scarf? I'll be in a 'home' section.

Evening kickof; 17.20; Walkers Stadium.

...I think I'll pop into Morrison's afterwards to get some groceries too. What a fun day out for me.

Kevin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Kevster wrote: »
    Well lads, I'm off to the Leicester V Newcastle game tomorrow. Do you think I should wear my Newcastle scarf? I'll be in a 'home' section.

Evening kickof; 17.20; Walkers Stadium.

...I think I'll pop into Morrison's afterwards to get some groceries too. What a fun day out for me.

Kevin

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

I was joking, of course. They talk about crime here more than they do back in Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

I dont normally cheer for Leicester but tomorrow i'll be firmly routing for the Foxes. Just dont make any Pakistani jokes and you should be fine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

So is this classed as the official match thread then?

Alright. With Forest losing to Derby, we've a good chance of going 6 clear at the top.

It'll be a tough game and we need to perform well from the off.

Fitz Hall, Patrick Van Aanholt and Ryan Taylor are eligible however Steven Taylor, Danny Simpson, Jose Enrique and Shola Ameobi are all missing through injury.

I'm going for a scrappy 1-0 victory to ourselves. I wonder if Solano will be playing for Leicester.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

when did newcastle sign One Size?

• Advertisement

event wrote: »
    when did newcastle sign One Size?

The other day. It was news to me.

I wasn't aware that they signed him either. I'm just about to leave for the stadium now but I'll take a detour through the city centre. I saw a few [loud] Geordies earlier hanging around the place. Great weather for the game over here though.

Catch you later lads. I'm actually not confident about Leicester's chances today, but feck it.

Kevin

Kevster wrote: »
    I wasn't aware that they signed him either.

We've signed him on loan AFAIK. Enjoy the game. Roll on the Toon.

Well, Solano played quite poorly when he came on, and Leicester - in general - seemed to lack class and imagination. Newcastle were definately better, but seemed content with the draw. I can't get over the fact that the dickhead beside me made racist 'monkey' chants at one of the Newcastle players though (that 'Ranger' guy, who I've never heard of before).

Kevin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Newcastle were pretty dire today and as a Toon fan watching, Leicester probably could've nicked it.
    Ranger's a class act in the making, sad to see the racism though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

You know allowing today as just a blip, i think Forest can actually take first place if they continue as they have been doing. Newcastle have been pi$$ poor since Christmas in the league. Granted you've had injuries to contend with and losing Harewood was a big blow, i still think first place is still very much there for the taking. Knowing our luck, we'll probably blow it and finish third.

Advertisement