Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problems with ford focus

• 30-01-2010 2:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

basically i have some probs with my ford foocus lately.. the battery died after not using the car for 14hours.... brought it to ford and they used the diagnostic machine, which said no faults.. they re charged battery and car was perfect again....
    few weeks later , same thing happened... so there must be something draining the battery... when i called back to Ford, they said they have a few probs with the key free system not shutting down properly.
    .... the on board computer doesnt shut off even when car is off... some times it does and sometimes it dont.. obviosuly i am aware now.. so can keep an eye out for it..

However after the car was jump charged by ford last week... my voice control isnt working... when i press VOICE , nothing happens, and when i press phone on radio, its comes up as MUTE... .However, my phone still reads FORD AUDIO, so when someone rings me and im in the car , i cant hear them, as it says connected to Ford Audio... but radio carries on working normally....

I have taken out the glove box, and took away the wire on bluetooth, and reset it as mentioned by fordaudio.. i even took out Fuse 58 and 83, and re entered the code on the stero... but still not working...

the bluetooth is working, but the voice/speaker isnt..
    radio/cd/ipod AUX, still works perfectly....

any ideas please... doing my head in... even Ford dealer isnt sure...need the bluetooth/voice for work, as i drive a lot using the car...
    its only happened since they jumped it, the second time.... first time it was perfect

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Moved to its own thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭kilasser

My 2005 focus had similar problems last year, turned out it was a problem with the alternator.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

How old is the car? If it's over 2 years I would be thinking new battery. Otherwise new bluetooth phone/audio system.

Advertisement