Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fireplace back ??? Broken Hearth ???

• 30-01-2010 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hello everyone can anyone help me with this the back of my fire cracked and while cleaning the ashes out with the shovel i pushed some of the concrete back part past the wall sugar this is hard to explain basically can i use just normal sand and cement to fix the back part of the fire and fix any cracks in the concrete around the sides etc ? thanks a mill

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

A badly cracked or broken fireback may need to be replaced. Maybe you can post a photo?
    As I haven't seen the cracks I can't comment on them.

But if the cracks are minor in nature, then purchase Fire Cement at your local Hardware / DIY Store - its especially designed & mixed for the high temperatures in fireplaces. It comes in tubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭mossie110

on reading your post, i would think the fire back would need to be changed. they come in two halves so putting in a new one is pretty straight forward.
    hope this helps.

Advertisement