Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trilogy

• 30-01-2010 11:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭

Where or what is this new Trilogy place in town that I heard about last night?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

new kearneys...again ??? lol didnt they just do it up
    Hello Ennis . Introducing Ennis's newest nightclub'Trilogy'. Trilogy will be Ennis’s premier nightlife destination offering unrivalled service in a high-energy atmosphere and no you do not have to put in your jacket. Opening Friday March 12th.Join our facebook page to get all the latest news and information

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 colml

Any idea where abouts in town this is being set up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 colml

I just searched about a bit there, It says it's being set-up on Newbridge Road. is this just Kearneys re-opening?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

Yes everybody this is just Kearneys being reopened unfortunately. They make it out to be amazing,fair play to them :rolleyes:

what did Obama say, "you can put lip stick on a pig, its still a pig"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Is the Trilogy the front bar, the back bar and the night club?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

No it's when you hear there is a "new " club opening and then realise it is a place that re-opens every year or two.
    1. Thrill:pac:
    2. Oh Gee:mad:

What is it with this place? It was a dive before hope this is an improvement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Trilogy Ennis

Yes trilogy will be on the site of the old may kearneys , but it will be completely transformed into a new venue , including renovated front bar , completely new night club with a serviced beer garden ... There are a number of surprises on the way .. And we will be keeping you all updated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭supersheeps

can you bring your goat, or does it have to be checked in?

HA. No your coat or your goat do not have to be checked in. Strange rule

• Advertisement

Good look with it, sorry for being dismissive, will certainly visit.

is it run by the Lyne corporation ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,481 ✭✭✭finbarrk

And how much will it be to enter? (for both the person and the goat)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭irishturkey

You pay your coat at the Queens and its seen as a deposit for entering "Trilogy". :p

Rumour has it if you want to bring your goat you'll have to pay them your first two kids, I'm not sure if thats the kid goats or your actual children... knowing the Lynes they may actually want your own offspring to ensure their dynasty is safe for generations to come.

<SNIP>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

Ah for the good old days when advertising wasn't allowed on boards.ie!

In fairness this is getting ridiculous.
    Mods?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Trilogy is such a mid 90's sounding name for a nightclub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭asmobhosca

Trilogy is such a mid 90's sounding name for a nightclub.

I keep thinking of Star Wars or Godfather when i hear that name!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,540 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Trilogy Ennis: Contact hello@boards.ie if you want to advertise here. Do it without permission and you'll be banned from this forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,540 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Balagan wrote: »
    Ah for the good old days when advertising wasn't allowed on boards.ie!
    buck65 wrote: »
    In fairness this is getting ridiculous.
    Mods?

Please use the Report Post (report.gif) function to draw out attention to posts you don't approve of. Thanks....

anybody go ?
    heard it was sh1te ! same ol, same ol !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Hawk Wing 2

BOBBY wrote: »
    anybody go ?
    heard it was sh1te ! same ol, same ol !
    same ****, different bucket

tenner says closed again in 3 months

::fail

Was up around the town saturday night with the intentions of giving this place a go but i soon changed my mind when i heard that there wasn't that many people over there. It will take a lot of effort to make a success of that club,same old heads will be over there as per usual,bad crowd!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Nevermind_

yeah cant see them getting a decent crowd to cross over the bridge.
    had to laugh at their marketing on facebook, "get ready, be seen, be part of night..." what a load of ****e.
    Also they advertise a serviced covered smoking area... translation a fecking tent out the front. :P

They're doing "All Drinks" €2.50 drinks on Fridays now. Not sure how much it is in the door though.

I just want someplace that's cheap, and has a decent ratio of women. Seems every girl in town is in the Queens..

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Shadow Dancer

The Queens!

Hmmm! Back in the good old days! Sticking to the manky carpet that looked like it never got a shampoo!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

And a chicken dinner with your stub!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭breedie

Oh God! Those chicken dinners. I had just about forgotton them....perhaps Trilogy could consider starting up again, there's bound to be a few still hanging round in the freezers in the Queens.
    Food fight night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭croker95

buck65 wrote: »
    And a chicken dinner with your stub!!

Saw this on Facebook.....mmmm.
    Bring Back Niteclub Dinners !!!

17258_1268359162217_1626976627_705561_6472334_n.jpg

Was it that you had to provide dinner back in the day to stay serving past normal closing time or something?

Was it that you had to provide dinner back in the day to stay serving past normal closing time or something?

Yeah you had to serve a "substantial meal" if you charged an entrance fee and operated beyond pub hours.
    All night clubs had to do this until the late 90's i think.

Bit of a stupid rule really, i mean how many nightclubs do you know that you would eat food out of!!!????

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭alibride

i dont get it - if ye hate the queens so much why can t you give pubs (over the bridge a try)!!
    these guys are obviously trying to do something different, so why not give it a go!!! mmmmmm don t see why people wont go there - it used to be a great spot back in the early 90's.......

Any feedback from people who were there at the weekend?

People tend to bitch about it cos it's own by the same people own Queens.

Anyway I'm willing to give it a shot this evening. Can't go wrong with €2.50 drinks. Review to follow. :)

• Advertisement

everyone gives out about the queens at some stage but that doesnt mean they'll stop going there!!!

Also afaik trilogy is owned by some sligo lads, although that could be the usual town rumour mill bullcrap so dont hold me to that one...;)

People tend to bitch about it cos it's own by the same people own Queens.

Anyway I'm willing to give it a shot this evening. Can't go wrong with €2.50 drinks. Review to follow. :)
    be interesting, pints or bottles, ALL DRINKS was advertised !

Double Jager & Red Bull for 7.50 could be tempting :D

I should imagine there are lads from Sligo managing the premises, but it's still owned by the Lynes.

Neither of my friends were drinking this evening due to being skint so I couldn't even tempt them with the promise of cheaper booze sadly. I'll have to check it out next night and research the menu prices extensively.

The Lyne's definitely have some input i'd say. Was driving around last nite & seen the queen's manager going into Trilogy :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Cushla

Just spying I'd say..check out the competition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jmskelly

I know one of lads the own it they have a bar in sligo called the garavogue, and Queens have nothing to do with them.

Was in there last Friday and the place look class, also there was none of the old heads. Plus every drink was 2.50.

they are trying.

jmskelly wrote: »
    I know one of lads the own it they have a bar in sligo called the garavogue, and Queens have nothing to do with them.

Was in there last Friday and the place look class, also there was none of the old heads. Plus every drink was 2.50.

they are trying.

yeah thats what I heard as well from a lad working there.

also told me that they had about 2 customers at 1 am on sat night!!:eek:
    If they had one more then they'd have a proper Trilogy:P boom boom!!!

but seriously I hope the place survives at least then theres somewhere else to go for a change but with that buildings history and the start they've had I'll be surprised if they last another month

I hear trilogy has folded already ??
    lol if true

Your not serious? Makes sense if that's the case. There are so many late bars these days that nightclubs don't hold the power they once did. Add in drinking at home, later closing times for normal bars and they're seriously uncompetitive in a downturn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

Yeah its closed alright! Such a shame, it wasnt even given a chance and all the staff gone too.

I wonder what went wrong!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

They are advertising a teenage disco Thursday night, tales of their demise maybe premature

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000683351469&ref=nf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 finbarryan

The queens offered free entrance every night trilogy was open, they give free passes to anyone crossing the bridge, shame on the people who turned around, they have ruined this town!!! May Kearneys wasn't supported by local people

finbarryan wrote: »
    The queens offered free entrance every night trilogy was open, they give free passes to anyone crossing the bridge, shame on the people who turned around, they have ruined this town!!! May Kearneys wasn't supported by local people

Yeah if Trilogy had taken off then maybe you could have opened the HOT SHOP at night and sold food to patrons afterwards and made some money....:D

You are so transparent its fcuking hilarious, you havent been using boards long have you...

I didnt know the queens were doing that but werent trilogy also giving away freebies outside the queens?
    Nightclubs are always at this ****e, if i get a free admission out if it i'm all for it

Queen's giving away free tickets, Trilogy giving away cheap drink, how dare they try to do something to try to entice people to their premises, surely the Queen's should just be happy with all the money they've taken down through the years, step aside and let someone else take the money.

If a new business has gone bust after only a month then I don't think it was ran right, but that's just my opinion

• Advertisement
Advertisement