Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need new phone.

• 30-01-2010 11:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Hi,
    As my k800i doesn't show me that someone is calling me (receiving msg's from voda that someone called :/). I would to buy smartphone. I would prefer just touchscreen as touchscreen+qwerty is quite expensive. I would to spend around €200-€300. I'm used to quite big screen (have ipod touch 2gen) so something around 3"-3.5" will be ok. also I need Wi-Fi, blutooth, good camera, and maybe GPS. I would buy it from Vodafone or just in good on-line shop as sim-free.
    Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭JeanClaude

madmax92 wrote: »
    Hi,
    As my k800i doesn't show me that someone is calling me (receiving msg's from voda that someone called :/). I would to buy smartphone. I would prefer just touchscreen as touchscreen+qwerty is quite expensive. I would to spend around €200-€300. I'm used to quite big screen (have ipod touch 2gen) so something around 3"-3.5" will be ok. also I need Wi-Fi, blutooth, good camera, and maybe GPS. I would buy it from Vodafone or just in good on-line shop as sim-free.
    Thanks for any help!

http://www.vodafone.ie/df/shop/ProductDetails.shtml?handsetselected=366035&offerSelected=prepayupgrade&action=view#tab[fulldetails]

This phone is touchscreen with qwerty keyboard for €259.99, has everything you're looking for bar GPS, but i presume it'll work with an external GPS recevier which will enable Nokia maps, Goggle Maps etc. etc. to work for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 madmax92

JeanClaude wrote: »
    http://www.vodafone.ie/df/shop/ProductDetails.shtml?handsetselected=366035&offerSelected=prepayupgrade&action=view#tab[fulldetails]

This phone is touchscreen with qwerty keyboard for €259.99, has everything you're looking for bar GPS, but i presume it'll work with an external GPS recevier which will enable Nokia maps, Goggle Maps etc. etc. to work for you.
    Yes it has qwerty but on-screen one. I thought about hardware one :) Anyway for now 1 good proposition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Had that one in my hands ;) And I don't want it. At least Meteor edition's soft is very SLOW. Also touchscreen there suppose to be called push screen :)

• Advertisement

I mean that I had to push/hit screen with finger or use stylus, because while I was touching screen (like in iPod) it didn't react at all.

Yes I saw that one, going later to see one in Voda shop.
    BTW. maybe you know any on-line shop with smartphones? Expansys.ie and Clove.co.uk are quite expensive. I'm looking for one and thought I can buy sim-free smartphone.

Ok. My mom is gonna to give me €100(LOL!!), so I'm gonna have €350 :) Now I can use expansys and clove. What do you think about Xperia X1 ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

madmax92 wrote: »
    Ok. My mom is gonna to give me €100(LOL!!), so I'm gonna have €350 :) Now I can use expansys and clove. What do you think about Xperia X1 ?

I have it and while it's great device in a lot of respects, e.g. ability to install tons of different apps, lots of available performance and personal tweaks, X panel interface etc, it's often sluggish, due to Windows Mobile 6.1, and its features are outdated at this stage too; only a 3.2 MP camera with no Xenon flash.

I would recommend the N900, although out of your price range, as at least that is receiving rave reviews from both reviewers and users, whereas the X1 received only favourable reviews when launched and things haven't changed much.

Advertisement