Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where you buying your petrol

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Folks, I've already warned about posts that could be construed as libelous. I'm not going to continue deleting them and I don't want to have to close the thread but keep idle speculation and stories about 'mates cars' out of it. As always, drop me a PM if you want to discuss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 powershot

But the story about my mates car is 100% true its not idle

powershot wrote: »
    But the story about my mates car is 100% true its not idle

It doesn't stop you and boards.ie getting hauled into court over it though. I doubt your mate has the actual evidence available to prove unequivocally that the particular filling station was to fault. Try and see it from my POV, it's a thin line is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 powershot

i see where your coming from and re the proof he actually has

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Scotty # wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't selling any product below cost illegal under the Competition Act (or something similar) since the bread and milk wars of the 80's?

Nope. Virtually all retailers do this, it's called a 'loss leader' - the cheap product lures you in to the shop/petrol station in the hope that you'll buy other goods which are not selling at a loss.

Tesco are not going to keep up these low prices in the long-term, it's just a marketing ploy that they do when they open a petrol station to attract customers and make them loyal (especially if they are clubcard users) to that petrol station.

That said, I shall be going up there later this evening (hopefully avoiding the queues) to fill up my car. I've been holding off buying petrol for a few weeks because my usual petrol station (beside the train station) is charging 129c/l :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Advertisement

Just back from Tesco, paid 121.9L, everywhere else is charging 128.9! Diesel was 111.9L

They were pretty busy but no queues.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

it says your location is Edinburgh:eek:
    yowzer thats a mighty long spin u went to get a bitta petrol!

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Stillnotworking

papagormo wrote: »

I assume Etho is speaking about Tesco Drogheda.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭bladespin

Tesco on the Donore rd Drogheda, 1.119 when all round me are looking for 1.23 :rolleyes:, used to fill up in Tesco Manooth when i worked close to it, it was always 5/7c cheaper per litre on average., when you're getting 50 odd liters it adds up.
    Nice little shop there too but love the card pumps (when they're working that is lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I assume Etho is speaking about Tesco Drogheda.

merely a mild observation joke sunshine

• Advertisement

papagormo wrote: »

Haha, no i'm living in Drogheda for now. I have duly amended my location :-)

If you want to post something like:

Where I buy petrol/diesel:

Where I don't buy/avoid:

This way you're not putting yourself and/or boards in any precarious positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mythicalireland

I filled up again this morning at Tesco Extra. They've just put up the price of petrol to 123.9 (up from 121.9 c/l) so already their price is starting to creep up. It's obviously still cheaper than everywhere else but I'll keep a sharp eye on them to see if there are any more increases in the short term.

Sorry but I forgot to note the price of diesel this morning.

Have the other petrol stations put their prices up too, though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

my local shop is charging 124.9 for diesel well worth the trip to tesco me thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

The petrol station across from the Lourdes Church in Drogheda now has unleaded @ 136.9 per litre, seen it this morning

Looks like another hike in prices on the way.

Filled up at Tesco this morning. It's now 128.9 c/l for petrol. I had a feeling the cheap prices wouldn't last long. Back to Top for me . . .

how much for diesel?

whelan1 wrote: »
    how much for diesel?

€1.14pl last weekend.

how much for diesel?

If memory serves me correctly, the diesel is 118.9 c/l, but don't hold me to that. I'll try check tonight on the way home.

• Advertisement

still 6 cpl cheaper than my nearest place does anyone know how much it is in mell?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

the maxol besde the tesco is the same price, with none of the queues

event wrote: »
    the maxol besde the tesco is the same price, with none of the queues

It wasn't last week but I'll check when I'm over this weekend.

bladespin wrote: »
    It wasn't last week but I'll check when I'm over this weekend.

i was there this morning, it was the same for unleaded, but dont know about diesel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭gipi

whelan1 wrote: »
    still 6 cpl cheaper than my nearest place does anyone know how much it is in mell?

I bought diesel in mell yesterday morning, it was 114.9c p/l

think tesco are 121 for diesel now . need a fill up so i suppose mell is the cheapest ?

whats it like around dundalk now?

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭qc3

Newry road still 6 cent per litre cheaper than everyone else, 1.31 for petrol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

Article in paper this week says a petrol station on the north side of dundalk town is selling dodgy petrol and diesel which has already caused thousands of euro worth of damage... anyone know which one it is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

bigneacy wrote: »
    Article in paper this week says a petrol station on the north side of dundalk town is selling dodgy petrol and diesel which has already caused thousands of euro worth of damage... anyone know which one it is?

Not sure which one but I've my suspicions... I buy diesel almost exclusively at 2 stations both beside the Lisdoo and the engine in my car is fecked since last Friday.. Mechanic fixing it today so I'm not 100% sure if it's becuase of bad diesel.. It might just be a coincedence but I'll be thinking twice about going back to either of them to be honest.

Advertisement