Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Handy sized camcorder

Options
  • 30-01-2010 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I want to get a small camcorder for taking on holidays. I've been looking at the Kodak Zi8 and its on sale at Amazon for 114 Sterling. If I buy from Amazon is there any duty to pay on top of that? If anyone knows where I could get it even cheaper, or could recommend any other small camcorder please let me know! Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Welcome to boards :)

No you wont be charged duty from Amazon uk for most items. Some are not sold from amazon uk itself, so some of them could incur charges

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Look for YouTube footage and criticism of the Kodak Zi8, there's dreadful artifacting when you pan a shot, fine for stationary views, but if you're waving the camera this way and that, it becomes very very obvious.

Just a heads up.

Other than that, the Kodak Zi8 has some unique features for that form factor, such as a mic in.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Sony MHS-PM1 High Definition SnapShot Camcorder with 5MP Camera & 4x Digital Zoom with 1.8 inch Screen - £95

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-MHS-PM1-Definition-SnapShot-Camcorder/dp/B001V5J676

Advertisement