Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Key Barrel for Toyota Corolla, Alternatives to Main Dealer

• 30-01-2010 2:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭

Hi All,

I have a minor problem with a Toyota Corolla. The key barrel on the drivers door is worn and needs to be replaced. I have thought of swapping this with the key barrel to the passenger door, however I’ve been told the two are actually incompatible.

If possible I would like to avoid buying from a main dealer. (they usually have high profit margins for the car brand name to be on the product). Also, to the best of my knowledge, car dismantlers don’t usually sell them as they usually sell the key with the ignition and not the key barrel.

If anyone is aware of (and can reference) any alternative way to source a Toyota Corolla key barrel, I am all ears (eg Ebay, an internet retailer, a motor factor shop, some guy who sells them at a car boot sale, or something that you have thought of that I haven’t)

Any information will be greatly appreciated, no matter how small. Thanks In Advance for all responses.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

They are actually cheap enough from the dealer €30 or €40 from when I last got one. It's a different key however.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

have you even rang a toyota dealer yet to check the price?
    all motors are different,
    it would prob even come in matched up to your current key.

Advertisement