Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chilli oil?

Options
  • 30-01-2010 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭

anyone seen this for sale? If so, in what shops? Can't find it.a nyone make it themselves?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭foodaholic

ive never gotten around to making it my self but you can pick up a bottle in tescos. but avoca have an absolut fab one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭willietherock

foodaholic wrote: »
    ive never gotten around to making it my self but you can pick up a bottle in tescos. but avoca have an absolut fab one

where in Tesco? Checked this morning and couldn't find it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Yeah, I've made it. Easy. Decent olive oil, slice a few hot chillis and submerge them in the oil. Simple really. It works.

Leave them in for visual effect and have it in a nice bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭foodaholic

I checked on their website and it shows that they stock a finest range of chilli oil

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

get a liter of rapeseed oil, dump it into a pan, warm it (dont boil it) up a bit, dump in a load of shopped chilli (no seeds) take off heat, leave in a corner of your kitchen covered for a day or two, then put it into bottles.

cheaper, easy, you know exactly whats in it.

I wouldnt use a strong tasting oil (olive etc) as it then severly limits what you can use the flavoured oil for and the fruity taste of the olive oil would just completely overpower the subtle taste of the chili.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭breakfast roll

check out the asian stores, they've a great selection in there! Asia market on Drury Street or Oriental Emporium over near the red luas line, both in town :D

Advertisement