Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking near the town centre in Mullingar.

• 30-01-2010 2:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭

I have to go to an event that I'm working at in Mullingar town centre on Feb 6th and I'm looking for the best place to park my car safely and for free within walking distance of the town centre.

I'll be coming from Dublin (M4).

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭DAWNRISER

Hi, not many free places that are within walking distance, but you can park in the train station for €2 for the whole day.
    Safest and right in the town centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

thanks DAWNRISER.

that sounds like a plan - €2 is a bargain.

whats the traffic like around there on a saturday afternoon?

Traffic is fine. Train station is just off the main street. And you won't have to drive through the town anyway if you don't want to.
    But even if you do traffic won't be an issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Sure the train station is at the Green Bridge, at the other end of town. A good 10-15 min walk into town.

Dunnes Store/Castle Street/Buckleys are town centre.

I know parking in Dunnes carpark is 50cents for 2 hours, but the max parking (with paying) is 6hrs I think? I could be wrong though. I've no idea how much parking a Buckleys costs or how long you can park there, sorry.

Look at this map, see for yourself just where the train station is. It might not look that far on the map, but when your walking, and if it's raining etc.

http://www.mullingarbusiness.com/map3.htm

Don't want to get into an arguement here. But the train station is a stones throw from the main street.
    Dunnes are clamping down on "all day parkers" Buckleys is as far from the town centre as the train station and is a strict 2 hours.
    There is a huge parking issue in the town, I have jsut been speaking to the Lord Mayor (ruth Islingsworth) on this subject.
    Anyway I live in the town and honest OP the train station is your best bet.
    And if all else fails you can park outside my house. I'm just as close with TOTALLY free parking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭superdog

DAWNRISER wrote: »
    Don't want to get into an arguement here. But the train station is a stones throw from the main street.
    Dunnes are clamping down on "all day parkers" Buckleys is as far from the town centre as the train station and is a strict 2 hours.
    There is a huge parking issue in the town, I have jsut been speaking to the Lord Mayor (ruth Islingsworth) on this subject.
    Anyway I live in the town and honest OP the train station is your best bet.
    And if all else fails you can park outside my house. I'm just as close with TOTALLY free parking.

Behind the fire station is totally free parking and that's just past the train station. 3 minutes would have you up in the town centre in a stroll.

Advertisement