Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Be afraid of the police

Options
  • 30-01-2010 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

Normal people all over the world should fear the police. Evidence of their sadistic behavior all over the world is widespread. In Vancouver they went to a man's home and beat him up. He was not even a suspect for a crime.
    http://www.nationalpost.com/news/canada/story.html?id=2475289

Why do we accept such brutality from the police force? I could post links all day about this subject but police brutality seems to be accepted.

Police who act like this should be thrown into prison AND the general population in the prison should also be informed that this person is a police officer. With punishment like this police brutality would be alot less common.

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Are you suggesting that the Gardai commit these acts frequently?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

SLUSK wrote: »
    Normal people all over the world should fear the police. Evidence of their sadistic behavior all over the world is widespread. In Vancouver they went to a man's home and beat him up. He was not even a suspect for a crime.
    http://www.nationalpost.com/news/canada/story.html?id=2475289
    So just because 2 policemen half ways around the world clobbered a guy they mistakenly took for a wife beater we can now safely assume that all police everywhere are sadistic dangerous callous ruthless thugs. :rolleyes:
    I'm shaking in my boots.
    Why do we accept such brutality from the police force? I could post links all day about this subject but police brutality seems to be accepted.
    Ask the good folks in Vancouver, it's their police force not ours. They're conducting an investigation and one of the policemen is on administrative duty pending the outcome.
    http://news.ca.msn.com/top-stories/cbc-article.aspx?cp-documentid=23355467
    Doesn't look like acceptance to me.
    Police who act like this should be thrown into prison AND the general population in the prison should also be informed that this person is a police officer. With punishment like this police brutality would be alot less common.
    Anyone who commits a crime should of course be brought to justice. I'm sure their occupation (whatever it is) will on public record during the trial. Why do you think other prisioners should be explicitly told someone was a policeman anymore than say, a security guard jailed for theft?

There are an estimated 6.8 billon people in the world with different occupations and none. Not all are angels but that doesn't make the rest of us devils too. A liitle perpsective please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Another stellar thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Enough of this kind of rubbish. Get a blog. The next time I see this kind of thoughtless thread from the OP, he'll collect himself a ban.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement