Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trouble loading some websites with BT/Vodafone, okay with 3 Mobile - help?

• 30-01-2010 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Any techie wizards out there? I've been Googling this problem for about two weeks and I can't find a solution - would appreciate any help.

Having had no trouble until recently I can no longer load several websites, eg all Wordpress.com sites, when I'm using my BT/Vodafone broadband - but I have no problem when I'm using my 3 Mobile connection.

I don't get any error messages, just a blank page and the connection hangs.

I use Firefox 3.5.7 but have also tried loading the sites with Safari - again, no joy with BT/Vodafone, but no problem with 3 Mobile.

Other sites work fine with BT/Vodafone, so I'm stumped. Can anyone recommend a fix?! Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭rgfuller

My mother has a problem accessing aa.com and americanairlines.ie from BT/vodaphone broadband - following investigation so far - we reckon that AA are blocking access from the IP address range she is on.

Last week it was working fine and we get the same problem from a different PC on the same router, though the sites work using UPC broadband. We tried switching DNS provider and can traceroute to the IP just before the AA sub-net-range.

Have you checked your DNS, and have you tried a traceroute to see where it stops.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭joe_elway

There's a common problem on the VI network where some sites are just not accessible. Customer don't care will not help. Go onto every social media web location you can find Vodafone Ireland and shout. You'll get access to engineers then.

There is also a slow issue that VI customers are having. I've a possible fix on my blog: http://www.aidanfinn.com/?p=10329

Advertisement