Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dollhouse...the unanswered questions

• 30-01-2010 2:49pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

Can you think of any?....what was Alpha all about again?, who was imprinted into Sierra during Tophers birthday?...will Eliza Dushku ever be a good actress?

Questions, questions :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

What happened to Whiskey? Last we saw she was going to sleep after gassing the butchers, but she wasn't mentioned at all in Epitaph 2.

If Caroline (and to a lesser extent Alpha) are the only ones who can host multiple personalities and skills without going crazy how did the little girl host the entire Caroline/Echo/Omega personality(ies)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭slasher_65

I think because she was hosting Echo, who had all the personalities in her, instead of hosting each of the different personalities.

I always presumed that Whisky had died when she gassed the butchers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

slasher_65 wrote: »
    I always presumed that Whisky had died when she gassed the butchers.

Same, the way she just sat down with the gas rising up seemed to me like she was going to just let herself die.

Unanswered questions hmm I actually cant think of anything other than how Alpha became a good guy? Must re-watch the entire series, sans the doll-of-the-week episodes for a refresh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,031 ✭✭✭✭Stark

....what was Alpha all about again?

I think he pissed off a gypsy and she cursed him with a soul.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Stark wrote: »
    I think he pissed off a gypsy and she cursed him with a soul.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Rob30888

I'd like to know if Topher's backup imprint is still out there. Surely letting himeself die was totally in vain if there's another wedge with him on it somewhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Rob30888 wrote: »
    I'd like to know if Topher's backup imprint is still out there. Surely letting himeself die was totally in vain if there's another wedge with him on it somewhere?

Which would beg the question why didnt they reprint Topher after he lost the plot?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

^ his wedge was located in the LA DH...the Neuroplois guys i assume didn't have access to his backup wedge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Ok i just thought of something, who warrned ballard through echo in season 1?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,031 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Probably Boyd. We were meant to believe it was Mr. Dominic, but that didn't really make sense even before the Boyd reveal for several reasons. For one thing, I doubt he would have been willing to use Echo in his plans given his contempt and mistrust towards her. Also, he wouldn't have had the skills needed to make a subliminal imprint and if the NSA had their own investigation going, then they wouldn't want to be dragging Paul into things and messing things up. Boyd on the other hand would have had the skills needed to make the imprints and a williness to use Echo in his plans. I also reckon he was behind Echo volunteering her services to root Mr. Dominic out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Prob the obvious choice alright,

too what end though? I guess they didn't really care bout the dollhouse seeing as they had a differnent endgame for echo.

I wonder had they planned a "twist" that they didn't get around too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Ziedth. wrote: »
    I wonder had they planned a "twist" that they didn't get around too?

I think they did. I always thought there was more to Ivy, Topher's assistant, and I always suspected she had sent the messages to Ballard for some reason or other. I thought Mr Domnick's attempt to frame her was a "double bluff" on the part of the writers.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Sorry to dig up an old thread but just finished watching series 2 (yes, I'm one of those stone age people who go out and buy dvds and don't have cable).

I haven't watched epliogue 2 though, so maybe the answers are there. Also, I assume I don't need to add spoliers but might just mention that there are spoliers there anyway.

1) Why did Boyd go to all that trouble? If he just wants spinal fluid, why not just take it at the start. He recognised Caroline as special from the medical reports, so why put her in the dollhouse, put her through a load of pointless missions, let her escape and all the rest of it, essentially make her a multi personality yoke, if all he ever needed from her was her spinal fluid. Or, conversely, if he only figured out that they needed her spinal fluid later, why bother?

2) Similarly, why the manchurian candidate thing? Once he clears Rossum nothing further is heard of him, but he created the Rossum inquiry in the first place. Sure they wanted someone in power, but what's the point if everyone is going to be brain wiped except for a select few?

3) Alpha - why? what was the point? why couldn't they tap his spine instead? If Echo and Alpha could have multiple imprints, presumably they both had the magic spinal fluid?

4) Why was Bennet killed? Whiskey, who was working for Boyd, must have been either ordered to do so by Boyd, or else did so out of her hatred for Topher. Assuming the former, why? She was helping put the hard drive back together so killing her didn't help Boyd at all, in fact it hindered him.

5) Why was Rossum building an army if they were going to take over the world by wiping everyone's brains?

6) Why did dying make Echo come out of the attic? She dreamt about waking up before as that was her loop, so why did she come out of it in real life when she was shot? Also, what made Echo special that she could survive death whereas others couldn't. She could hold mulitple imprints, and had the magic spinal fluid, but that doesn't make her immortal, does it?

7) Why did De Witt bother putting her in the attic at all? All they found out was that there were two people at the top of Rossum and that one of them was trapped in the attic but had been implanted into another body. Also, that Caroline knew the identity of the founder. But De Witt already knew that, so if she wanted, she could have saved herself a lot of trouble and put Caroline back into Echo's head.

8) If Topher invented the wiping machine, why did he look up to Bennet, who would have been a college student when it was invented?

There's a lot that just doesn't make sense to me. It's a pity because it was a good show with a lot of possibility, which, unlike the first series which got better towards the end of the series, seem to degenerate into nonsense.

Advertisement