Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Received my Credit Report from ICB

Options
  • 30-01-2010 3:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I got my credit report back yesterday and it just said "NO DATA FOUND"

Now I used the correct details: my name, dob, address (always lived there)

The thing is I have had a bank loan and a credit union loan before (Less than 5 years since) All cleared now and have no other debts.

What should I make of this? Hopefully its good news to see "No Data" on the report but I cant help thinking its too good to be true.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

NO DATA FOUND is not always a good thing. When a bank or credit agency does a search on someone, it can be a good thing that the person has a history. If it shows you have had two loans and paid them off without any trouble, then you are at an advantage to someone no one has ever heard of.

A few years ago, I built up a record by buying on the interest free packages instead of cash as it gave me this history.

I have never had a problem getting credit except a tesco credit card and thats only because they are contrary as hell for no reason. (I have over ten grand in limits with a balance of 70 euro LOL)

My credit report goes to about 40 pages !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Bond007.

Thats the thing, I have had loans so it should be on my report. I have "no data found" and no record of these loans. I don't know what to make of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Bond007. wrote: »
    I got my credit report back yesterday and it just said "NO DATA FOUND"

Now I used the correct details: my name, dob, address (always lived there)

The thing is I have had a bank loan and a credit union loan before (Less than 5 years since) All cleared now and have no other debts.

What should I make of this? Hopefully its good news to see "No Data" on the report but I cant help thinking its too good to be true.

Most credit unions are not registered with ICB, so they do not appear, this was "helpful" to many in the "good old days" of the Celtic tiger.

Must have been a change of policy with the credit unions so,
    http://www.icb.ie/membership.php

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Did you ring them about it?

01 2600389.

• Advertisement

Thanks, Yeah going to ring them first thing on Monday, only opened the report Friday after close of business so didn't get a chance contact them yet.

Must have been a change of policy with the credit unions so,
    http://www.icb.ie/membership.php

That's only a portion of the Credit Unions in Ireland, mine is not listed..

Is it not, handy link for you to check if the situation changes as I would say your place wont be in a hurry to tell you. There is around 500 credit unions in Ireland, only around 100 listed with ICB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

My credit union isn't listed either. Not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. If I was running the credit union organisation I'd have all my members on the ICB.

Sure would make sense to have a common policy, Strange that under the current climate they don't enforce this on the different unions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

I suspect that it's a matter of cost more than anything else. In that case the Credit Union should negotiate a contact with the ICB instead of each individual Credit Union signing up in their own capacity.

Is it not, handy link for you to check if the situation changes as I would say your place wont be in a hurry to tell you. There is around 500 credit unions in Ireland, only around 100 listed with ICB

Actually they would, unless the existing loan agreement has the required provisions, the Data Protection acts would require them to notify members.

Sure would make sense to have a common policy, Strange that under the current climate they don't enforce this on the different unions.

Many saw this as a bonus during the property boom.... :)

Many saw this as a bonus during the property boom.... :)

I would agree if it was the banks case but I would have thought the credit unions involvement in the property market was limited. Just loans for deposits ect...

I would agree if it was the banks case but I would have thought the credit unions involvement in the property market was limited. Just loans for deposits ect...

Yes, one got the loan for the deposit from the credit union, and the banks were none the wiser....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭enviro

Thats what got the country in the situation it is today, different financial institutions not knowing the full details when giving loans and people defaulting then as they were beyond their means. Another way to look at it is the financial institutions didn't care:(

Advertisement