Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

please help. linux eagle or similar

• 30-01-2010 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

could some body please help me with the set up of a dreambox or a similar system,im completly in the dark about the set up and installation of that type of thing,im not even sure what i need,ill happily buy all the equipment and pay some one to do it for me,or can some one pointme i direction of an installer,i spoke to a guy about the set up and he told me it would be 800 euro and then three hundred a year for the subscription fee,does that sound right or was i going to get taken for a ride,thanks in advance,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

lil_pip wrote: »
    could some body please help me with the set up of a dreambox or a similar system,im completly in the dark about the set up and installation of that type of thing,im not even sure what i need,ill happily buy all the equipment and pay some one to do it for me,or can some one pointme i direction of an installer,i spoke to a guy about the set up and he told me it would be 800 euro and then three hundred a year for the subscription fee,does that sound right or was i going to get taken for a ride,thanks in advance,

What equipment do you have at present.

Them figures seem off in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 lil_pip

i dont have any equipmenty at the moment,i think i ineed a motorized dish a dreambox or similar and i have broadband already,so i thought his price was very high,do you have any idea what i would need?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

Stay well clear of that guy, what you require is very delicate to talk about on here - Trust me though, that "subscription" isn't necessary from him.

thanks manc red,is it ok if i pm you and ask some questions about that type of thing

thanks manc red,is it ok if i pm you and ask some questions about that type of thing
    Of course

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭waster81

Id say €180 should get you all equipment you need the box, dish,quad lnb,wall brackets.

waster81 wrote: »
    Id say €180 should get you all equipment you need the box, dish,quad lnb,wall brackets.

With a DM you really need to go motorized to get the full benefit of it, the install & the motor and the above equipment would leave you in the region of €500 out of pocket.

Linux is the way forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭waster81

Yeah motorised if we could just fit more hours into the day to watch it all!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Fiddlesnap

You are a foolish and dishonest person if you use this route lil_pip :confused:

waster81 wrote: »
    Yeah motorised if we could just fit more hours into the day to watch it all!!;)

LOL, I just use the motor to make sure I see Utd live every game.

• Advertisement

Fiddlesnap wrote: »

The person you are referring to hasn't said anything involving illegal activities.

You just presumed they did.

your ned flanders style judgement is wasted on a man like me fiddlesnap,waddle off into the kitchen an make yourself a nice cup of horrlicks and slip into bed while the grown ups have a chat

your ned flanders style judgement is wasted on a man like me fiddlesnap,waddle off into the kitchen an make yourself a nice cup of horrlicks and slip into bed while the grown ups have a chat

Apologies, no offense meant. You are clearly upset about the situation. Can I help?

Come on lads keep it to pms.

Manc-Red wrote: »
    Come on lads keep it to pms.

I dont have PMS :mad:

I dont have PMS :mad:

:D:D:D:D:D

Very good lol

Advertisement