Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What TV to get?

• 30-01-2010 5:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭

I want to get a new TV, which the xbox will be used on. :D

I'd hope for a flat screen or something that can be put up on the wall, and my budget is around €350-400.

Oh, and HD too :D

What'll I get?

Cheers,
    Anto

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I want to get a new TV, which the xbox will be used on. :D

I'd hope for a flat screen or something that can be put up on the wall, and my budget is around €350-400.

Oh, and HD too :D

What'll I get?

Cheers,
    Anto

You'd be able to get a nice Samsung 26'' HDTV for that. They have them in 720p and 1080p at that size now. I'd go for the 720p model as ther is not much point getting a 1080p screen unless you get at least a 32''.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

You'll get a relatively decent 32" with your budget.

http://www.powercity.ie/?par=10-12&cat=FLAT%20TV%2032%22

I'd go for the Samsung 32B450 on that page, or, if you can sqeeze the extra 70 eur, there's a Philips 1080p 32" on the next page. (You could try the Richer Sounds forum too, see if they could do the Philips cheaper via their Philips Shop in Dublin...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

i have the Samsung 32B450 (bought from richersounds belfast) and its fantastic for the price. it has a 60hz refresh rate, which isnt great by todays standards, but i havent seen any motion blur at all.

mind, on another thread someone was saying there is some blur with PES on the PS3 with that tv, but i dont think it effects xbox as much. i dont play PES or FIFA so cant comment personally.

MW2 looks savage on it, and i keep getting compliments on avi movies we watch on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Got a really nice LG Full HD in Xtravision for €399 at Christmas. Its wierd cause its only Full HD through the HDMI1 port. Really nice TV tho. Had the new digital tuner so ya can pick up the new digital channels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Righteo, my budget has been cut down to around €300 after last nights drinking :o

I may just go for a 720p 26" tele or even, that Walker 32" one. Decisions decisions!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭amjon.

If you only want to use your xbox or you have HDTV then I would go for this:

http://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=938&Mode=0&CategoryID=6&SUB=44&ProductID=881

They will tell you it's got awful sound but I cannot tell the difference between it and my LG LH3010.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Go for the bigger one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Check out the Richersounds forum here on boards in the Talk To: section of the Biz category

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

there is a nice samsung 32" 1080p in currys atm for €410

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Righteo, my budget has been cut down to around €300 after last nights drinking :o

I may just go for a 720p 26" tele or even, that Walker 32" one. Decisions decisions!

Walker FTW: it has 720p display, it can downconvert 1080p feeds to 720p, it can handle 24fps if you plan to hook up a blu-ray player, it has optical in and out, 2 HDMIs, 3 settings for backlight (min, med and max), fairly decent sound, excellent picture quality. Well worth €300 (sometimes it goes up in price but it'll change back).

• Advertisement
Advertisement