Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommendation for garage to do a service

• 30-01-2010 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hey everyone,

I'm just wondering does anyone have any recommendations for a garage to do a service for me in North Dublin? I've had really bad luck recently with garages taking the p**s..not originally from Dublin and being a girl maybe they think they can do a half arsed job and get away with it. Anyway, I need to get a service done and need suggestions for someone honest and decent to do a quick service for me!

Didnt get any replies in the Motoring forum so said I'd try here.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭sashasdad

Weldon Motors in Rush. Been getting my car done there for years and never had any probs with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭totallytrees

im in drumcondra so i think rush might be a bit too far :( thanks all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭sashasdad

ooops! guess it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,801 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

im in drumcondra so i think rush might be a bit too far :( thanks all the same.
    Moving to Dublin City forum.

HB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Hill Billy wrote: »
    Moving to Dublin City forum.

HB

And I'm gonna bump it over to Motors

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭bernyh

Hi

I highly recommend a fella Paul Nolan who has a place in Clonsaugh, in the estate near Butlers chocolate factory (next to Northside shopping centre).

He's a lovely fella, very reasonable, he's on more than one occassion had a look at my car and fixed a small problem for no charge... not saying he's a charity, but would never "rob" you.

He used to work out of a garage at home before but has since moved to premises, he was recommended to us through a friend, since then we've highly recommended him to anyone who will listen.

here's a link to his website http://www.nolanscars.ie/

hth

btw, i'm not on his payroll!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭grudgebringer

I have always found Square Fit to be reasonable and the mechanics knowledgeable:

www.squarefit.ie

They have a place in Finglas right beside Finglas Auto Parts, close enough to Clearwater SC.

thanks for your replies everyone, gonna have a ring around to all those suggested to get an idea for price and how long it needs to go up for.

thanks again

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

O'Brien motors at the 5 lamps, a friend, his dad and uncle run it. They do all the servicing/repairs for my family/friends.

O'Brien motors at the 5 lamps, a friend, his dad and uncle run it. They do all the servicing/repairs for my family/friends.

what is the 5 lamps?:confused: im only living in dublin a year or so, sorry!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I have always found Square Fit to be reasonable and the mechanics knowledgeable:

www.squarefit.ie

They have a place in Finglas right beside Finglas Auto Parts, close enough to Clearwater SC.

I use the one in Tallaght, fairly sound they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 RonSpr

Try www.mycarservice.ie found them really good for a good price

Advertisement