Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

scopes

Options
  • 30-01-2010 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

what would be the best scope to buy for hunting for a .22 mag

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Feidhlim Dignan

depends on the price your willing to pay. I have a Hawke Nyt-Eye 4-12x50 and its very good and clear, i paid 110 euro for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭gavlaw

i would pay up to 700 euro for 1

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Feidhlim Dignan

your job just got a lot harder, you have so many options.:D
    the highend ones like Schmidt+Bender,Swarovski,Zeiss are all good but i dont no much about the models

ah great if i could get a good scope for around 400 i think that would be enough to spend ill put the rest of the money away for cartrages

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Bushnell 4200 Elite 6-24x50 Tactical. Can't fault it. Here sitting on a CZ 527 in .223. The extra mount is a DIY lamp fixing.

10052009115.jpg

• Advertisement

thats a nice scope i like it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

gavlaw wrote: »
    what would be the best scope to buy for hunting for a .22 mag

Try go for the best you can afford. If the scope will work on a centrefire and you are using it on a .22lr, when the time comes that you want to change up caliber you can trade the rifle but keep the scope.

Bushnell, Swift Premier, certain Hawke scopes, Weaver, Burris are all good scopes for .22 and some models for centrefiresand all within/up to €500. Upper end scopes such as Swarovski, Nightforce, Leupold, Zeiss, etc are exellent scopes but start around €700 upwards. Thing is look out for good second hand ones. They can be got for good money ard are guaranteed for life.

Reticle choice is as important as scope choice. No point in going for a target designated crosshair if its hunting your after, as vice versa.

Irish sites :
    http://www.isport.ie/catalog_rifflescopes.asp
    http://www.survivalsuppliesireland.com/search.php
    Plus most dealers in country carry a good/large selection.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Glensman

you'll get a second hand S & B 8x56 (perfect for 22 mag) for around 300 Sterling.

No better scope for the calibre- you dont need paralax adjustment or variable power. On a freezin cold February night lookin at a fox that doesn't wanna hang around-- you just don't need any extra hassle!

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fodda

Docter scopes are a european made scope and some say on par or better than S&B, but no doubt a high class scope.

Advertisement