Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballybrit dual carraigeway yesterday

Options
  • 30-01-2010 7:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Did anybody see what happened between Tony Burke Motors( the old tom hogans place) and western motors yesterday at around 12pm. A black audi a4 i think 09 was driving on the inside lane at around 90km/hr and all of a sudden it just took off, the guy driving it seemed to have alot of difficulty stopping it and thankfully managed to stop it on the hard shoulder in a huge cloud of white smoke with what seemed like bits of engine flying out the back of it. funny thing was the guy in the passenger seat bailed out as soon as it stopped and took of running down the road.
    Wonder was it joyriders at that time of the morning???
    I was a bit behind it and when i got home noticed my car was covered in oil....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Engine probably began to 'run on', when the engine starts being fuelled by the engine oil and goes out of control

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ANITAH

could have been, but really dangerous, imagine it happening in heavier traffic...

Advertisement