Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

help and advice needed.

• 30-01-2010 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

im currently in final year of my arts degree in ucd studying Linguistics and psychology.
    i failed all my christmas linguistics exams,but did fine in psy and electives.
    i feel like even if i continue with linguistics i will not be able to pass it,and absolutely hate it.
    i am lost now and dont know what to do. i can pick a new subject from scratch but it will have to be either Information studies or Philosophy, both of which i did not like, and it will cost around 4200 euro.
    i am considering going back when im 23 as a mature student to study only psychology. im 21 now,will i be able to get grants? or what is the story? i have been told you have to be 5 years out of college to receive grants?
    can anyone help me ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭F.R.

cairdre wrote: »
    Hi

This is taken from www.studentfinance.ie

"I am Over 23 Years of Age on 01 January 2009

You are eligible to apply for a grant if you meet either of the following conditions:
    • I am enterinnag an approved Honours Degree course* for the first time

OR
    • I am entering an approved Honours Degree course* to complete it (for the first time) after a break of one year or more having previously entered an approved course"
    I think because you completed a degree under free fees in the last few years you will not be eligible for a new 'free' degree. See the above website for more details

Took this from the mature students thread

Advertisement