Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nose piercing

Options
  • 30-01-2010 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭

A few years ago I had my nose pierced. I had it done for a few months, but after hitting it quite a bit by accident (very very sore:(), and the fact Iwas a bit unhappy with its placement I took it out.

However, I'm thinking of getting it done again. Only thing is the pain. I'm wondering does it ever stop hurting? Like whenever I hit it, it would hurt so bad and after a while I didnt think it was worth the pain. Just thinking, if I could get over a few weeks/months of pain, it would be worth it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭jenga-jen

OP can I ask did you get it done with the gun or the needle before?

IME the gun basically uses an earring-sized stud to pierce you with and this means that it often rubs off the septum in your nose and can be incredibly painful. I've ended up taking it out twice in my early teens because of this.

If this is the case, please please please don't let anyone use a gun on you again.

If you did get it done with the needle before or if you decide to go this time, you'll be able to discuss the problems you had before with the piercer. It will be a bit more expensive but he/she will be able to advise you and tbh you're getting a better service.

My sister has hers nose done years on the other hand and after the initial healing period didn't have any bother with it, so the pain will defo go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

Yeah, I got it done with a needle. I did end up knocking it out a few times and it got quite irritated and I got 'the bump'. I managed to get that away, but it did come back a few times i I ever hit it. Maybe if I get it done again, I just need to be more careful with it

Advertisement