Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney meet up 26th March

Options
  • 30-01-2010 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

Camping trip for all us wonderful veggies. Lets get the ball rolling.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Shall make it if i have exams under control

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Aye mid march is busy time for me with college work, shall hopefully be going though:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

I have only free time. So it's grand for me, but perhaps a less exam-y time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭smegmar

No date is set so it's when ever is best for the most people. anyway express an interest and let me know when you are free to go.

Paddy's weekend is the only no no for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

Later in March is preferable for me, I think... Still trying to figure out when all my assignments and tests are happening... Will definitely make this if it's at all possible =)

Yea many people are out for Paddy's Day. That's grand. it so happens to be on a Wednesday so if we give the following weekend a miss. How is everyone for Friday-Saturday-Sunday 26th to 28th. All the exams should be out of the way, and it's the best way to celebrate I can think of.

I want all the lurkers that don't normally go to these things to be dragged along. When you see how fun it is you'll be just counting down the days till the next meet-up . So everyone try bring a friend, veggie or omni. As long as we're all good people fun times will be had

I hear 5 yes-es for late march, I'm going plus bringing 3 others. total 9 so far.

Can some mod change the title to "Killarney meet up 26th March" I think that's the best time at the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

smegmar wrote: »
    Can some mod change the title to "Killarney meet up 26th March" I think that's the best time at the minute

Done

I may be completely bankrupt for March. :( I just found out about a hen, and another birthday party.
    ~fingers crossed~ I can go though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

I'd go, if I weren't SO shy! >_<

Congratulations "another night" you've just won the veggie forum surprise lotery. Your pize is 2 burly vegetarians will show up to your house on the 26th and forcefully transport you to killarney. ENjoy ><

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I'd go, if I weren't SO shy! >_<
    Ah we all have to go to our first once, scary business but after teh first one you figure out it is deadly and come running back. We've done several weekends so far and they were deadly!
    Congratulations "another night" you've just won the veggie forum surprise lotery. Your pize is 2 burly vegetarians will show up to your house on the 26th and forcefully transport you to killarney. ENjoy ><

/burls

0_o

Are they hot? :p

Ah I guess I might go. It's a bit far away for a first time now, but sure I'll go :)

woop! hope I can, damn exams.../looks em up
    Most likely can.

We should all go drinking in dublin rund paddies? :D

Are they hot? :p

Ah I guess I might go. It's a bit far away for a first time now, but sure I'll go :)

Yeahay!
    You won't regret it, everyone is very friendly and up for a laugh. :)

yea everyone is great fun, just read the posts for the other meet ups.

I'll call off the kidnapping, but let this be a warning to all lurkers: if you don't come, we make you

*tries desperately not to drag thread into the gutter*

also, yay meetup =D

cocoa wrote: »
    *tries desperately not to drag thread into the gutter*

Smebody else knows my pain :D

Smebody else knows my pain :D

lol, I didn't want to be the only one who noticed... my mind has been warped by repeated exposure to... my surroundings...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Ah yeah, we'll have to start you off with an evening meet-up. Then you'll be ready for a weekend ;)

Ah now, my first ever e-meet was a weekender and it was great. As everyone pointed out, the one night to get to know everyone, and the second night to nakedly embarrass yourself :)

Nar.

But srsly, if we do go to the mcgillycuddy's I'm gonna swim in one of those lakes... and bring soup, canned soup.

Ah yeah, we'll have to start you off with an evening meet-up. Then you'll be ready for a weekend ;)

That sounds a LOT less intimidating! ^^

Ouh there are hillwalking plans?

Aye, camping in kilarney means camping in the mountains :P. At least that's what I've been led to believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

raah! wrote: »
    the second night to nakedly embarrass yourself :)
    That night was to never be mentioned again:pac:ossum weekend though!:D
    But srsly, if we do go to the mcgillycuddy's I'm gonna swim in one of those lakes...
    Well after the plan to swim in a flooded field never materialised the last two times, maybe this'll be 3rd time lucky haha!

Man i love veggie get-togethers:D

As it stands now we have

ME (smeg)
    I'm bringing 3 other non boardsies
    Tar
    Another Night
    Moonbaby
    Master
    Raah
    Electro
    Cocoa

I haven't heard from Donnie, Khrystina, and a few others yet

please do try cajole some friends into going. veggie or not.
    and let me know who can bring tents, food etc

Ah now, my first ever e-meet was a weekender and it was great. As everyone pointed out, the one night to get to know everyone, and the second night to nakedly embarrass yourself :)

Nar.

But srsly, if we do go to the mcgillycuddy's I'm gonna swim in one of those lakes... and bring soup, canned soup.
    raahs first one was a weekender in cork, and when I met him he gave me a can of coke, how awesome is htat? You're in cokey hands anothernight :p

That sounds a LOT less intimidating! ^^
    Aye, camping in kilarney means camping in the mountains :P. At least that's what I've been led to believe.
    Moonbaby wrote: »
    Ouh there are hillwalking plans?
    well there are always plans to...we just get too drunkz

So like are we staying at a proper campsite? Where responsible people have access to search and rescues phone number. In the highly unlikely event anyone takes a notion for an after midnight *cough* hike?

• Advertisement

As I understand it's near caoimhe's uncle's place. but I could imagine being quite some distance away still. so does anyone know first aid?

Advertisement