Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roaming with Meteor - issues selecting network

• 30-01-2010 9:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭

I have a SE Cybershot Phone with Meteor. I went holidaying to Malta recently with it.

Selecting network proved impossible. All 3 of the networks there were listed as barred on the phone. Am soon going to Sweden and fearing that the same gash could happen with that.

Does anyone know anything about this or can offer advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭bugfreebob

I have a SE Cybershot Phone with Meteor. I went holidaying to Malta recently with it.

Selecting network proved impossible. All 3 of the networks there were listed as barred on the phone. Am soon going to Sweden and fearing that the same gash could happen with that.

Does anyone know anything about this or can offer advice
    Are you Pre-pay or Bill pay? Did you just move to Meteor Bill-pay? All the networks have strict policies for new Bill pay users and Roaming isn't automatic. If you don't have sufficient credit record built up, you should be able to pay Meteor a deposit which will give you the right to roam until your credit record is approved. When I first moved to Meteor I paid the deposit and immediately had Roaming. I think it was around €60. It just goes towards paying the first couple of bills, so it doesn't really cost you anything.

You should ring Meteor customer care on 1905.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭bongi69

+1 to the above.

I'd moved to meteor bill pay about 4 months before I went to France a few years back. I had to phone them to get the roaming sorted. As 3 months had passed with bills paid on time in full, there was no deposit required. Generally in the 1st 3 months you would have to pay a €60 deposit over the phone. I think you can pay it in a meteor store as well.

As a sideline, recently travelled on one of the Ryanair aircraft equipped with the mobiles on board tech. Though I would give it a bash, and my phone found the network, but couldn't connect to it. I could get roaming when I arrived though

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭iknorr

If your a customer with meteor for years you usually dont have to pay the deposite. Just ring them and be nice about it.

Iv done a huge amount of travel in the past 4 years. Iv been back and fourth between bill and PAYG, and have never paid this.

Advertisement