Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avoid Ryanair Credit Card Charges

• 30-01-2010 9:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭

Prepaid Mastercard is now the only option to avoid paying these charges.
    As per another post, many shopping centres issue these at little or no charge.
    The card for The Crescent Shopping centre is supposed to work.
    Does anyone know if the one from Skycourt in Shannon works? Have you used it on the Ryanair website? It starts with the same first 4 digits so I would think it would work

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055794082

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

Do all prepaid mastercards avoid Ryanair charges?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭georgem25

I have tried both. The Skycourt card doesnt work but the Crescent card does. €10 saved on every return flight! Its just a pity there are so few options from Shannon now!:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

I use the crescent card for most of my online purchases at the moment!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Might be very easy to avoid them after this afternoons announcement!

Rumour has it the end is nigh for Ryanair and Shannon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

Arra now, I hope they dont pull out of Shannon, on principle I ONLY fly from Shannon, that wont be an option if they go!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

The announcement is this afternoon. O'Leary himself is in town.

You'd imagine with the DAA doing the semingly ridiculous and increasing charges by 1/3 at a time when business is struggling, the news won't be positive.

Hope I'm wrong.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

21% of flights cancelled. Full story

DAA need to seriously fúck off and leave Shannon alone. They are doing nothing but killing Shannon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

What do you expect? The DAA is trying to keep their bottom line up. Who thought it would be a good idea to put the competition in charge of managing the airport?

They are, and have been, intentionally sinking Shannon to force more people to use the Dublin airport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭georgem25

Apparently this is no longer available to use - Ryanair are phasing out the cards not registered in your own name!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showp...&postcount=543

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

DAA need to seriously fúck off and leave Shannon alone. They are doing nothing but killing Shannon.

Clicked the link, got a 404, page not found.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

georgem25 wrote: »
    Apparently this is no longer available to use - Ryanair are phasing out the cards not registered in your own name!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showp...&postcount=543

Same for this one, not found.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭carly_86

use visa electron

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Very not sure what this has to do with Clare besides the fact we have an airport, but I'll leave it open anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭cordni

very late reply but couldn't agree with you more

Advertisement