Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr. Martens - EU

Options
  • 30-01-2010 11:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this is the wrong place.

I'm looking to buy a couple of pairs of Dr. Marten boots and shoes, but can't set up an account on their websites. The only options are for USA and UK based customers. The shoes in question are not available from cloggs.co.uk or cloggs.eu, only from the DM website itself.

Does anyone know if it is possible to set up an account with the country not being USA/UK?

Alternatively, has anyone had any luck with purchasing over the phone/email?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 thepoolgirl

this site has doc martens and delivers to Ireland free hope this helps.

rubbersole.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

I just bought a pair from amazon.co.uk this week, they seem to have a good selection: http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dshoes&field-keywords=dr+marten&x=0&y=0

Came across this site also from an ad on amazon while I was looking but have never bought anything from them: http://www.javari.co.uk/s/ref=topnav_sk__gw/280-7766669-3937330/?onsale=&showDesigner=&node=213373031&keywords=dr+marten&x=0&y=0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

Thanks for those two sites.

The first one, unfortunately, doesn't have the type I'm looking for. Just checking out the other one.

I've emailed drmarten.co.uk to see if they will sell direct. Their website even has an international checkout, but you can't purchase without setting up an account, and you can't choose anything other than either the UK or the USA as the country. Maybe there's an error with their site.

Will check out Amazon

EDIT: Sixpack, if I could thank your post twice, I would! Javari look like they might have the shoes I'm looking for, and on sale :-) Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Javari won't deliver to Ireland for some unknown reason, but all their range is on Amazon anyway. I got a few pairs of dr Martens from Amazon for knockdown prices recently. (Most were 70% off) Its worth holding off until they reduce them again, which they will:)

You're right, Lindtee, they don't delivery outside the UK :(

Received a reply from Dr. Martens, who referred me to cloggs.co.uk, but explained that they didn't have the shoes I was looking for. They couldn't do anything otherwise. I'm not sure what the point of the "International Check-out" part of the website is now.

Have found another site that may have a possibility, will update if successful.

Thanks for your help everyone.

• Advertisement

Just to update, received a reply from Dr. Martens that offered no help really on how to get the shoes.

Went back to Amazon and eventually found them in my size :D sold by Footwear Legend. Ordered Fri/Sat and they arrived today, same day the payment went through on the card, so really fast.

Delighted, thanks sixpack for the Amazon tip.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

For anyone else that might be looking for Dr Martens and comes across this thread, got the following in an email from amazon today ...

"As a valued Amazon.co.uk customer, we thought you might be interested that our shoes and accessories website, Javari.co.uk now offers international delivery. "

Advertisement