Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In the Play-Pen: Jay P

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Favourite sound?
    Silence is fantastic. As in total silence.

If you had a free flight right now,where would you go?
    I'd like to visit my cousins in Birmingham

Do you believe in Love?
    Yes. Love at first sight is a load of crap/ As is "true love" or soul mates, whatever you call it. There is not one person made for you. You have a level of compatibility with everyone, some people are lucky enough to find someone with whom they are very compatible.

Can you sing?
    Don't think so. It doesn't stop me from singing though. I can sing in tune, just my singing voice isn't very good.

What do you want most in the world?

Proudest achievement?
    Winning the All-Ireland Cadbury quiz in 6th class.

Five things you like about yourself?
    Without wanting to sound vein or anything, I like my general appearance. I like my hair. I like my glasses. I like my friends. I like my taste in music.
    In contrast, I hate the fact I'm close to useless at starting conversations with people I don't know very well.

:)
    Jackobyte wrote: »
    Do you play the lotto?
    I'm a broke student, so no.

What would you do with the money if you won, regardless of whether you play or not? And none of the soft option-give it all to charity!:P
    I'd pay off my Mammy and Daddy's mortgage and whatever loans they have, and also make sure my family are all comfortable financially. Then I'd buy myself a car. I'd then put aside enough money to get me through college and a few years after, and be able to pay for the car as well, then if there was anything left over, I'd give it away. I couldn't keep it all. It'd be too much. If I kept it, I wouldn't appreciate hard work or anything. I'd be able to buy a house if I wanted. I want to earn what I get. The money I'd keep and spend on my family is just me righting a few wrongs in our lives.
    cocoa wrote: »
    If you could star in a film / series / short / sketch / music video alongside the person of your choice, who would it be and would you have a certain plot / situation / song in mind?
    I wouldn't like to star in anything to be really honest, I just wouldn't like it. But I'd like to meet David Gilmour, Tom Waits, Bill Bailey and Quentin Tarrantino.

Sorry about the delay. I took an ill-advised detour to Galway last night.

Jackobyte wrote: »
    One thing you'd change about yourself if you could?My occasional ineptness in social situatins. Don't get me wrong, I have a good few friends, I'm just not very good at talking to new people.
    D4RK ONION wrote: »
    D4RK ONION or Insect Overlord?
    Eh.......
    Jako8 wrote: »
    Do you smoke?
    Occasionally.

Will you do my maths homework?
    Yes. What topic are you studying?

If you could remove one country from existance, what one would it be and why?

America. Because they give off this illusion that it's the "Land of the Free", whereas it's actually the most conservative country in the developed world. It's also incredibly racist, sexist and has incredible social inequalities. Their opposition to Obama's proposed reform of the healthcare system is the most selfish thing I've ever heard. I hate their to-the-grave devotion to capitalism.

And Americans are stupid. That is not a myth, they are just stupid. They know next to nothing about the world away from their own country. They don't understand that "The right to bear arms" contributes to nearly all murders in their country. People that thick shouldn't be allowed have weapons.

The world doesn't need such a massive economy that's run by borderline retards. I hate how the world is entirely dependent on the US.

jumpguy wrote: »
    If you could teach the world one lesson, what'd that be?
    That my taste in music is better than everybody else's.

Rudest thing you've done?
    I'm not generally rude...being an asshole is more my style.

Most life-threatening situation you've been in?
    Walking to my brother's house here in Cork is pretty scary sometimes. I have to walk right through a ghetto, which is known to be very rough, and certainly quite dangerous.

Furthest place you've been (geographically)?
    Furthest North: Malin Head, Co. Donegal
    Furthest South: Lanzarote
    Furthest West: Loop Head, Co. Clare
    Furthest East: East Berlin.

Are you an optimist or a pessimist?
    I'm mainly optimistic.

What would be your dream?
    I'd love to be a world champion athlete. It'll never ever happen though :o
    Being a Nobel prize winner would be awesome too, but that's never going to happen because there's no Nobel Prize for maths :rolleyes:

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
    I'll be finished college for 6/7 years. I'd like to do a masters, and a PhD, maybe, so I'd either be totally finished both of those, or still doing my PhD, if I take a year or two out, which is likely. I really want to go travelling.

If you had 2 hours to live, what'd you do?
    Chill out at home, eat some of my Mam's cooking.

Have you ever been in trouble with the law?
    Nearly. At out mystery tour, I got awfully drunk and got sick on the bus back to town, so I got off before everyone else got off. Next thing I remember is being woken up by a cop telling me "I'm afraid I'll have to arrest you" I fell asleep on the footpath :pac: He let me off, and sent me home.

Happiest moment?
    Finshing the leaving is well up there.

Greatest achievement?
    As above, winning that quiz.
    A Neurotic wrote: »
    Fake tan. Thoughts?

Not for me, I tan quite well.
    If it's tasteful, which is never, then it can be nice.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

What is your opinion on epic bumps?

When I said epic bumps what came to your mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Does it make you feel sad that C&H got incredibly inactive at the time your play-pen thread was created?

• Advertisement

What's your favourite video game, like, ever?! ;)

What is your opinion on epic bumps?

When I said epic bumps what came to your mind?

Well, I thought of the birthday bumps, which were always insanely fun to both give and recieve :)
    Does it make you feel sad that C&H got incredibly inactive at the time your play-pen thread was created?

I won't lie, it's very annoying. I thought it'd be much more active than this :(
    What's your favourite video game, like, ever?! ;)

Oh...there are many.
    GTA Vice City springs to mind. Such fun. And it had the most awesome music I've ever heard in a game.
    Gran Turismo 4.
    Fifa 98 - Tackling the keeper was such a bonus, as was being able to play indoors.
    Guitar Hero 2

Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2
    Goldeneye
    These two are possibly the greatest games ever ever made. Absolutely fantastic.

Glad to see a guitar hero 2 title in there.

Do you ever regret signing up to boards.ie re: wasting time and all that?

You did TY right? Good or bad experience?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

marry me?? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

I'd have asked questions sooner, but I've not been around, apologies! >.<

What's your favourite part of the Maths course, out of curiosity?

What would you have studied instead of Maths, or was it way ahead of everything else?

What annoys you most about society?

Favourite Radiohead song?

Cake or death?

What's your favourite meaning of "\o/"? :pac: (this WILL be asked in all of these threads.. >_>)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Favourite kind of pizza?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Jay P wrote: »
    Fifa 98 - Tackling the keeper was such a bonus, as was being able to play indoors.

In Fifa 98, did you ever manage to slide tackle the keeper, win the ball and score a goal? I did, once. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

flyswatter wrote: »
    In Fifa 98, did you ever manage to slide tackle the keeper, win the ball and score a goal? I did, once. :)

Real winners dropped the ball as the keeper, then ran all the way down the pitch and scored with just the keeper. *Looks at thread title*, Er, Jay P, did you ever do what I just said? :P

Also favourite flavour of Ice-cream?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Which one of us do you hate the most?

Glad to see a guitar hero 2 title in there.

Do you ever regret signing up to boards.ie re: wasting time and all that?

You did TY right? Good or bad experience?

No way, Boards has been great. Granted it has been a large part of the reason for me not going to college and staying up late and generally being lazy, but it's very entertaining :)

Good, but badly organized. I copped the crap on after getting in serious trouble 3 times. It was serious enough that de knack was personally involved each time. Scary man. Though in leaving cert he saw that I copped on and said it to me and my mammy.
    TY matured me up a lot, and I made a lot of friends in my new year, which was class cos I didn't gel into my old year as much.
    marry me?? :o

Soz bbz lol no. :P
    Aoibheann wrote: »
    I'd have asked questions sooner, but I've not been around, apologies! >.<

What's your favourite part of the Maths course, out of curiosity? I freakin love calculus cos my lecturer is just mental. (Tom Carroll) Linear algebra is great too because I really like problem solving where I can be sure that the answer is some way correct, unlike in Abstract Algebra :o I'd probably like Math Modelling a lot more if I liked my lecturer. It seems cool but he just wrecks my head.

What would you have studied instead of Maths, or was it way ahead of everything else?
    I actually went to check my CAO list to answer this. It's been in my email since I submitted my final choice:
    1. CK407 Mathematical Sciences
    2. CK408 Physics and Astrophysics
    3. CR510 Sustainable Energy
    4. LM060 Mathematical Sciences
    5. DN032 Mathematical Science
    6. CK603 Energy Engineering
    7. TR035 Theoretical Physics
    8. TR031 Mathematics
    9. MH104 Mathematics
    10. DN020 Actuarial and Financial Studies
    So yes, there's a lot of maths there. If I had gotten my number two choice, I would have dropped out at this stage. I just couldn't imagine doing physics for another three years

What annoys you most about society?
    Well, go back and look at my America rant. I also hate Ireland's drink culture, even though I play a part in it also. I don't like the idea of college fees or of funding for colleges being cut. I heard that there's talk of the funding for articles online being taken away completely which would make any kind of research projects very difficult.

Favourite Radiohead song?
    Impossible to pick one! I love 2+2=5, I Am a Wicked Child, Everything in its Right Place, the National Anthem.
    Their entire discography is amazing. I don't dislike anything they've made.

Cake or death?
    Cake - the Chocolate biscuit kind

What's your favourite meaning of "\o/"? :pac: (this WILL be asked in all of these threads.. >_>)
    It kinda means YAY! or something along those lines. I like it.

Craguls wrote: »
    Favourite kind of pizza?

Extra cheese, ham, sundried tomatoes and oregano. :)
    flyswatter wrote: »

No buut one time I was standing beside the keeper when he took the kick out and it hit off me and I scored a goal. It never happened since then.
    Pygmalion wrote: »
    Real winners dropped the ball as the keeper, then ran all the way down the pitch and scored with just the keeper. *Looks at thread title*, Er, Jay P, did you ever do what I just said? :P

Also favourite flavour of Ice-cream?

Yes...well I try to anyways.

Chocolate chip mint, or lemon. I had lemon in france and it was awesome!
    Which one of us do you hate the most?

You, for implying I can hate anybody :(

Nerdiest quirk?

Nerdiest quirk?

My adoration of all things maths, or my fondness for Rubik's cubes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Quirkiest Nerd?

How was your day?

Can you play any instrument other than the piano? (Piano is an awesome thing to be able to play)

Quirkiest Nerd?
    Does Freud count? He was quirky/really weird.

How was your day?
    Average enough. I had a pleasant bus journey from Limerick to Ennis as I was sitting beside D4RK ONION

Can you play any instrument other than the piano? (Piano is an awesome thing to be able to play)
    I wouldn't really say I play the piano. I know how to. I got lessons years ago. I play ocassionally now. I play the fiddle and the guitar. I've been playing the guitar a good bit lately. I haven't played the fiddle since my music practical last April though.

More questions!

• Advertisement

Best way to spend a day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Your biggest Fail in life so far?

Best way to spend a day?

Getting up really late, then arsing around the house in my jocks all day. Come evening time, I'm ready for social interactions, so then going out with my friends and drinking til the next day.
    Pretty much my timetable for last summer.
    phlegms wrote: »
    Your biggest Fail in life so far?

This thread :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Does it upset you your prism sig is scientificially flawed?

If you could ask me a question, what'd that question be?

Michael Jacksons death - yey, nay, or meh?

Well obviously in real life, my username isn't going to be there. I've learned to accept that.

If you could ask me a question, what'd that question be?
    Hey, I'm not doing the asking here!

Michael Jacksons death - yey, nay, or meh?
    Nay :( He was great. He was strange obviously, but he was a fantastic popstar

The Earth is Not a Cold Dead Place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

You're calling Pink Floyd scientifically flawed! :( They're scientifically awesome. :p

What's you fave Mastodon song/ album?

Fave Beatles song/ album?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Jay P wrote: »
    The Earth is Not a Cold Dead Place.

<3<3<3<3<3

So much <3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Seeing as I asked the opposite already.. favourite thing about society? :P

Do you read? If not, why dear god WHY not? :( Otherwise, what do you read?

Can you dance? If not, do you dance anyway? :D

Don't you know about the bird?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Was there any question you were hoping to get?
    Describe yourself in ten words.
    Opinion on people wearing gaa jerseys(etc) as everyday wear?
    Your favourite soup and crisps?
    :)

• Advertisement

You're calling Pink Floyd scientifically flawed! :( They're scientifically awesome. :p

What's you fave Mastodon song/ album?
    I love Crack The Skye, though it took me ages to really get into it.
    Any of the first three songs off Leviathan. I'm not very good at picking favourite songs...

Fave Beatles song/ album?
    Sgt. Pepper's I think. I love the craziness of Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite and A Day in the Life.
    My favourite song is definitely something by George. I honestly think he shades MacCartney as the coolest Beatle. I love all his songs.

Jako8 is awesome. Just....wow!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement