Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

parking ticket weirdness

Options
  • 31-01-2010 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

a friend got a parking ticket on patricks street. Perfectly normal. But there was another note on his windscreen saying "call me about the ticket" with a phone number. He text him back asking who it was, and the response was that " I like to help a fella out". So has anyone heard of this happening before? Has altruism reached new heights or is this some sort of scamola I haven't heard of ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

eh... huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

I doubt very much it was the traffic warden who left the note with the number. Probably just some chancer who's enjoys playing pranks on folk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Interfering with a parking ticket is an offence, if this gets weird then report them.

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

It's a scam. Tell him to pay his parking ticket and give in the number when he is paying for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭itsonlywords

lazernuts wrote: »
    a friend got a parking ticket on patricks street. Perfectly normal. But there was another note on his windscreen saying "call me about the ticket" with a phone number. He text him back asking who it was, and the response was that " I like to help a fella out". So has anyone heard of this happening before? Has altruism reached new heights or is this some sort of scamola I haven't heard of ?
    Heard of that happening in London or somwhere in Uk where a scammer plavces an official looking note on windscreens whereby the receiver can pay on the phone for half the ticket price. They are asked to submit credit card details.... and the rest is history

• Advertisement
Advertisement