Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Going Grey...Colouring Advice Please...!!!

• 31-01-2010 12:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hey everyone!

Going grey early in life runs in the mother's side of the family and I am taking after that side of the family!

I started getting some grey coming through in my early twenties but it has gone into compete over drive now that I am in my late-twenties. And I have very dark brown hair is it is very noticeable, especially around my hairline parting. I'm not terribly bothered by it but in fairness at the rate it's going I'm going to start looking a lot older than I am.

I don't mind paying for professional colouring but can somebody tell me what would be best for blending it away??? Maybe something that wouldn't have quite as much up keep as a 'solid' colour if you know what I mean??!

I've never actually dyed my hair, always liked my hair colour and would like to have a bit of info before I make an appointment!

Thanks for any advice in advance :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

Hello OP,
    I would suggest a semi-permanent colour. Because they are only semi permanent, they have very little peroxide, so they won't damage your hair as much as a permanent one would (you only really need a permanent colour if you want to lighten your hair, because by the time the semi permanent fades out, you'd have grey roots coming through anyway).

It will say on the box how effective the dye is at covering grey. I haven't used it for grey, but L'Oreal Casting is a good one.
    If you're not sure which shade of brown semi permanent to pick, always pick the lighter one, because it will still cover the grey without making your hair too dark.

You are in a good position because your hair has not been dyed before- it will make the result more predictable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

My hairdresser puts permanent on my roots and semi on the rest. Maybe get low lights if you don't want a solid colour. Asking a hairdressers opinion would be bast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 iw82

Cool... thanks a mil for your replies...!

I have an appointment with a girl in Toni & Guys next week so I'll be having a good chat to her anyway.

Advertisement