Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stadium expansion

Options
  • 31-01-2010 1:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭

I have the spreadsheet for stadium expansion, however, I'm horrible at Math so all of that kind of thing goes right over my head. I would then, be greatly obliged if the more knowledgable posters here help me out... :D Essential information:

Current Stadium

Standing: 1000
    Uncovered seats: 2950
    Covered seats: 1500
    Member's seats: 500
    Corporate seats: 50
    Total capacity: 6000

Budget: Anything up to 200k.

Number of Members: 944
    Member's Contentment Level: Charmed

What should I do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

I have 8200 capacity and I at home games I always have full covered & uncovered seating and corporate seating. My standing is never full and I have 2500 capacity there.

I'd spend it on the the uncovered and covered seating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Spend it on Covered seating, members seats and corporate. Get at least 500 member seating, if not more, as you already hav 944 members and increases every week. Thats 444 tickets down the drain! Covered and corporate will yield the most after that. Stay away from standing. You make no money from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

The amount of members you have is an indication to how many fans in total you have in total.

So I wouldn't just spend it on members seats.
    Although I always hear that you make no money from standing areas, you still make some.

Here's the upgrade cost taken from documentation;

Expanding the standing sections of your stadium costs $50 per unit.

Expanding the uncovered sections of your stadium costs $100 per unit.

Expanding the covered sections of your stadium costs $150 per unit.

Expanding the member sections of your stadium costs $250 per unit.

Expanding the corporate sections of your stadium costs $1,000 per unit.

This comes with a flat rate of 25k so it's a good idea that when you do expand that you expand with the future in mind!

I know it seems completely obvious and even boring, but i'd expand my stadium quite evenly.

Unless you find part of your stadium doesn't fill as easy as the others then it's the logical way to do it. I certainly wouldn't neglect the standing though. Do each of them proportionally to what they are now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

To maximise your profits, you should really be spending about 450k:
    Standing: 1,000
    Uncovered: 3,800
    Covered: 2,900
    Members: 780
    Corporate: 100

That's if you don't get promoted. If you do, you could go even bigger, as your competitors will have more travelling support.

If you must stick to the budget, expand the more expensive sections first - faster return on investment. For a 200k budget, that would be:
    350 new covered seats
    280 new members seats
    50 new corporate seats

As for standing, the return on investment is incredibly low, less than the basic rate of interest. Until they introduce some real incentive to build them, I wouldn't bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

To maximise your profits, you should really be spending about 450k:
    Standing: 1,000
    Uncovered: 3,800
    Covered: 2,900
    Members: 780
    Corporate: 100

That's if you don't get promoted. If you do, you could go even bigger, as your competitors will have more travelling support.

If you must stick to the budget, expand the more expensive sections first - faster return on investment. For a 200k budget, that would be:
    350 new covered seats
    280 new members seats
    50 new corporate seats

As for standing, the return on investment is incredibly low, less than the basic rate of interest. Until they introduce some real incentive to build them, I wouldn't bother.

Yeah, I had a mess around on a calculator last night, and it came to the same conclusion, 400k on around 1,500 new seats, with the standing seats deleted. I might do that, although it will put me well in the red though I'm planning on selling quite a few players.

• Advertisement
Advertisement