Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sail Maintenance

• 31-01-2010 2:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hey all, was just wondering if anyone has any good ideas for keeping Laser sails nice and white? They tend to darken over time and this can be very obvious when racing alongside other Lasers with newer sails. Was considering scrubbing it down with a bit of bleach, but afraid this may harm the sails?

I could just go down the route and buy a new one every couple of years, but I've had my current one for 3.5 years now and it's still in excellent nick; I'm paranoid about letting it touch the ground, I always rinse if off with fresh water when I come in, and always take it off the mast to roll it down from the head (you don't have to fold up the foot to stop it sticking out the end of the cover that way). So you can't say I haven't tried to keep it from getting dirty over time...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

don't let bleach anywhere near the sail! warm soapy water is the best method for cleaning them but no one pays attention to the colour of you sail. What the others will notice is the shape and settings you use. Sails darken normally due to creases and wear so it's nothing to be worried about. It might be time to replace the sail if it's no longer holding it's shape and is blown out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭Glenalla

Hi
    We produce a sail and cover cleaner that keeps sails clean and if they go dark a mild solution of our Boat Buddy marine Surface Cleaners applied to the sails with a sponge and allowed to neutralise the staining will keep them nice and white. Our products contain NO OXALIC acids or BLEACHES which will damage the stitching and ruin your sail. www.boatbuddy.net

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,903 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Glenalla, where can I buy your products? Are they ok with Kevlar stitched sails?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dive master

We use boatbuddy cleaning products all the time , their product are the best on the market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,903 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Do you know where I can buy it in Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dive master

I`ll find out for you. Ask CH Marine if they stock it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭Glenalla

Hi John
    all our products are available directly through our Irish distributor Mr Mark Mulcahy of AGM Cork. email sales@boatbuddy.net or call 086 2214332

Advertisement