Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy Habanero Chillies..

Options
  • 31-01-2010 3:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Where in town (Dublin) can I buy ripe chillies like Habanero, Jalapeno etc..

I've often bought them before in random shops but it seems that they weren't ripe and so not very hot.

Thanks..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I am not sure if the sell fresh chillies, but it's worth a try. The market in Market Square Temple Bar on Sat, there is a Mexican stall. They sell jars of Habaneros and other chilli sauces.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

They have them in Aldi, in a pack of mixed chillies for around €2. Includes Habanero, Jalapeno and around 7 others with a picture of each and a hottness scale on the back.

The Habanero ones are ridiculously spicy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

moonflower wrote: »
    They have them in Aldi, in a pack of mixed chillies for around €2. Includes Habanero, Jalapeno and around 7 others with a picture of each and a hottness scale on the back.

The Habanero ones are ridiculously spicy!

We actually have one of those packs in home in the fridge..Thats what got me wondering. Thats a nice trial pack but I would only go for Habanero and there's only one in it..

After starting this thread I started to do a little "googleing"..

After reading about the hotness of different chillies here I decided it was time to do a little experimenting..

This is in the post as we speak.. Should be pretty hot. I'm guessing this bottle will last me a long time :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

I got four of the Habanero ones in my pack, so try looking around because I think it's a random selection in each.

Advertisement