Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fuzzy Sound

Options
  • 31-01-2010 5:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Iv got a dell inspiron with windows 7 64 bit. The problem is that any sound i try to lay just gives off a fuzz like a tv or radio that isnt tuned in to anything.

This started about 2 or 3 days ago.
    I checked the driver and its installed and up to date.
    Windows cant detect a problem.

By the way im a newb to this whole thing of having to fix my on comp so any help given would be great. Thanks.

O ya sorry if theres already a thread on this.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

farrabirr wrote: »
    Iv got a dell inspiron with windows 7 64 bit. The problem is that any sound i try to lay just gives off a fuzz like a tv or radio that isnt tuned in to anything.

This started about 2 or 3 days ago.
    I checked the driver and its installed and up to date.
    Windows cant detect a problem.

By the way im a newb to this whole thing of having to fix my on comp so any help given would be great. Thanks.

O ya sorry if theres already a thread on this.

what soundcard is your laptop using. right click my computer then click properties at the bottom, then click device manager top left, then scroll down from the list on the left to sound-video and game controllers click the little arrow it will say the name of your soundcard there.
    if it says soundmax then right click soundmax and click uninstall do not check the box that says uninstall driver. when done restart the laptop and wait a while at startup till the device is installed and try to play some music or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 farrabirr

zenno wrote: »
    .right click my computer then click properties at the bottom, then click device manager top left, then scroll down from the list on the left to sound-video and game controllers click the little arrow it will say the name of your soundcard there.
    if it says soundmax then right click soundmax and click uninstall do not check the box that says uninstall driver. when done restart the laptop and wait a while at startup till the device is installed and try to play some music or whatever.

Thank you but this is a bit different on my system for some reason but when i look around the only thing i can find is a link in the sound area that says " change soundcard settings" which brings me to a new window that shows connected playback devices. That has only 1 connected device which goes as follows :

Speakers/Headphones
    IDT High Definition Audio CODEC
    Default Device.

And it says that its working fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

it might say it is working properly but as we know it's not working properly. if you can click the windows start button at the far bottom left then click control panel. in there look for "system" and click that. then you will see device manager up the top left go ahead and click device manager. in there scroll down to sound-video and game controllers and click the arrow on the left of it. in there it will say IDT high definition audio right click idt high definition audio and click uninstall do not check the box that says remove driver as well. just right click and uninstall it when done restart the computer and let it install it itself it will take a minute or two. then try your sound. this procedure is to let windows reinstall the device just incase there is a problem with it.

ps. you need to try this first option to illiminate the possability of a device problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 farrabirr

Right that has sorted it out. Thanks for help, i thaught it would be a problem with the driver or something small like that

Advertisement