Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin City Centre 30kph Speed Limit

• 31-01-2010 7:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

There has been a lot of whinging about the new limit. Is it really going to be enforced? I hope so.

This town is full of idiots racing to the next junction so that they can spend an extra few seconds stopped at traffic lights.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

They did a computer model of before and after the 30km/h limit and they found traffic would actually flow better with a 30km/h limit - rather than being stopped at the red light and taking a moment to pull off (and then the next vehicle taking a moment to pull off), vehicles would pass through the next junction at a continuous moderate speed.

If you look at a the behaviour of professional bus drivers in busy traffic, they aren't "in someone else's boot", they tend to leave plenty of space in front of them, meaning when the light goes green they are already moving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Any time I'm up there on the quays I think you'd be lucky to hit 30km/h.
    The measure stinks of a publicity grabbing headline story with no real benefits. Implementation for the sale of it, "be seen to be doing something".

The reports about the 30kmh speed limit appears to have confused some motorists, this morning I was driving near Coolock and got stuck behind this driver who drove at exactly 30kmh!

Expect some chaos tomorrow morning if there are more like that who don't realise that it only applies to a section of the city centre and not the whole city.

Advertisement