Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parked Domain - no images??

Options
  • 31-01-2010 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭

I've searched for a solution for this but have not been able to find anything helpful!

I have a domain with my webhost: asd.example.com
    I then register a new domain, www.newexample.com

When going to asd.example.com everything appears correctly however when going to www.newexample.com I don't get any images or styles on the webpage.

I set up the domain as a parked domain through the cpanel. I turned off Hotlink. I setup the DNS and Zones:CNAME and A, for the www.newexample.com domain. It points correctly, but as I said none of the images/styles appear?!?! :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Won't don't you just FTP everything up again onto the new domain? Or get a cloasked re-direction put in place for your new domain to the old sub-domain. This will keep the new domain in the address bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Sposs wrote: »
    Won't don't you just FTP everything up again onto the new domain? Or get a cloasked re-direction put in place for your new domain to the old sub-domain. This will keep the new domain in the address bar.

It's a joomla installation, and the new domain is pointing at the same root folder. It's picking up all the files, I can link to the pictures correctly. i.e my root folder would be like:

home/stevire/public_html/

With the domain I can link to an image:

www.exampledomain.com/myImage.jpg (home/stevire/public_html/myImage.jpg)

Which loads correctly, but going to the index file it doesn't load the image??
    The original domain is working as expected...

I not a fan of cloaked re-direction as you can't link directly to articles or posts through that domain name. The link will go through the alternative domain name...

Advertisement