Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FS: Crud road racer mudguard

• 31-01-2010 11:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭

Crud road racer mudguard for sale.

Taken off the bike. Has seen decent use ... 1500kms or so. But still in good shape.

The rear mudguard on the 1st pair had an accident ... so I bought a new one. So what I am selling is 1 full pair ... all attachments, o-rings etc from 1 pair straight off the bike ... and another partial brand new in package. The one in package includes a spare front mudguard and a few spare attachments .. screws, o-rings etc in case you need more.

Very effective and kept my back dry during the rain and seems to be of some help to keep the drive train clean as well. Obviously, not as good as full mudguards.

On sale on wiggle at 30 euro. Will take 10 euro for the whole lot. Will not ship. Dublin based.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭peterako

Hi,

Will take them for €10 dependant on where you are in Dublin :)

PM Sent.

Peter

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Next in line (depending on location as well !)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭short circuit

Dublin 15 ... evenings & weekends
    Sandyford ... week days & working hours

Does that suit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,994 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I have a set of these that are completely unused. The rear was fitted to the bike but immediately taken off as it was clear that it wasn't going to work with 700x25c tyres. Never actually ridden. Would be looking for €20 though.

Would happily swap for a pair or even just rear Race Blade either.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

blorg wrote: »
    I have a set of these that are completely unused. The rear was fitted to the bike but immediately taken off as it was clear that it wasn't going to work with 700x25c tyres. Never actually ridden. Would be looking for €20 though.

Hi Blorg
    I'd be happy to take them as part exchange for the 105 shifters after next Sunday.

• Advertisement

RobFowl wrote: »
    Hi Blorg
    I'd be happy to take them as part exchange for the 105 shifters after next Sunday.
    Hmm... how much would I have to add for the shifters? :)

Hmm... how much would I have to add for the shifters? :)
    Not too much ;)
    maybe 30 or some other items

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭short circuit

I won't stop your sale as its sounds like a done deal here ... but which 25mm tyres were you using them with. I had them on with Rubino 25mm and Zafiro ... and they seemed to be fine. I couldn't get them all the way under the fork crown on the Orbea but that was more to do with the Orbea fork rather than the tyres themselves.

I won't stop your sale as its sounds like a done deal here ... but which 25mm tyres were you using them with. I had them on with Rubino 25mm and Zafiro ... and they seemed to be fine. I couldn't get them all the way under the fork crown on the Orbea but that was more to do with the Orbea fork rather than the tyres themselves.
    Gatorskins and a Giant Bowery. I think it is a combination of tyres and bike; I could see them possibly working with 25mm if there was a bit more clearance. But I got them for my Planet X and the Bowery has more clearance than the PX.

They rubbed to the extent that if lifted the wheel and spun it, it just stopped very quickly.

They seem a much easier fit with 700x23c, know several people using them successfully there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭peterako

Many thanks Short Circuit!

Peter

• Advertisement
Advertisement