Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

18th B-DAY

Options
  • 31-01-2010 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Hi, im having my 18th at da end of february, im having some friends over(15) to my house then my friends who want to go out(to the clubs) are getting a mini bus. So that all fine but my problem is what do we actually do at my house like we have food and drinks even though my friends dont really drink and also my house is quite small...so like what do we do for 2 hours at my house?? Anyone got any ideas???

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Rent a coming of age film like "The Breakfast Club", "Stand By Me" or the awesome beyond words "Ferris Beuller's Day Off", it'll be educational, relevant and awesome :)

(Save Ferris!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lou91

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Rent a coming of age film like "The Breakfast Club", "Stand By Me" or the awesome beyond words "Ferris Beuller's Day Off", it'll be educational, relevant and awesome :)

(Save Ferris!)

This. Or, a really really bad movie - *cough* TWILIGHT *cough* - thats fun to rip the piss out of when you're with a group.
    Alternatively, twister.

This. Or, a really really bad movie - *cough* TWILIGHT *cough* - thats fun to rip the piss out of when you're with a group.
    Alternatively, twister.

If you're going to get a really bad film that is also brilliant, you need something with Steven Segal in it. I suggest "Against the Dark". My word I don't think I've ever laughed so hard. He impails a child zombie vampire from the top of the head down. I nearly stopped breathing ^_^

25177231734_3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

A film, with 15 people there, for an 18th birthday? Not sure that'd work really.

I'd say just have a few tunes going in the background, with plenty of food and drink there, and everyone can chat and have a laugh. Depends on the group though I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

A few pizzas maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Dead Snow, it's Nazi zombies.

But my idea would be to just have food and drink and TV/Film/Music

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Twister!
    At my friend's 18th last year,there were 19 or so of us there and a few sets of twister. Best craic ever,like. They headed out afterwards but I didn't,and everyone said that the few hours in the house beforehand were the biz.

Also, not sure how well this would work,but poker? Play it with the lads in school nearly every lunchtime myself, and it's a good laugh. Dunno how birthday suitable it is though.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

doing the same this sat for my 18th. just get in drink, pizzas, jelly sweets, choc buttons, pringles ect, play some drinking games like kings ect, or do a wii olympics if you have wii, ohhh! get a few bottles of shots and have everybody do a shot... stuff like that :)
    hope youv a good night

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

For my 18th (and for my 21st) I invited over 10 of my best friends. We had a bit of food (pizza, cocktail sausages, chicken goujons, etc) and the cake ( :D ) and a few drinks. Out of everyone at my 18th I was the second oldest, but only two of us didn't drink. I had my first proper drink that night, and my parents bought in enough for everyone to have a few quiet drinks. The thing is, anyone who wanted to drink brought their own with them anyway, so it wasn't a major issue.

We had a few DVDs rented out, plenty of good music and plenty of stories to tell. Thinking about it now, I think it worked well because it was so different from the usual big celebrations that people have. It's your party anyway, so the important thing is for you to be able to enjoy it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭sKepTics_George

I am 18 in March and im in the same predicament, i was considering just going to the pub,

But now that you mention it a few friends, drink, pizza and movie sounds good,

I will be keeping my eye on this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I spread my birthday out over two weeks :) The first week i had a bouncy castle and when it got too cold we came in, played the wii (which was absolutely hilarious), ordered pizza, watched the x factor and flicked through the music channels. Worked out really well, have fun what ever you decide!

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

Hey thanks for all the replies, i dont really think dvd will work cos people wont fit around da telly it be just 2 crowded and like it is meant to be a PARTY!:p....But im liking the idea of twister and karaoke machine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Music, drink, bit of food.

Sit back and wait for the first person to do something stupid!

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭captainspeckle

That many friends in one room in a celebratory mood will definately not be boring! dont worry, the conversation will flow and the craic will come naturally! that is unless all of you are not socially retarded and extremely boring, but I seriously doubt that! :D

Name of Dish: Best fun eva

You will need:
    Xbox 360/PS3/Wii
    Rock Band/ Rock Band 2/ Lego Rock Band/ Rock Band Beatles
    Rock Ban instruments
    TV
    A group of friends
    A scissors and some PVA glue.

1. Set up Rock Band and your TV
    2. Play Rock Band
    3. Have copious amounts of fun